Proud ex-mummy post

Shrimp

Visit site
Though I dont post in here very often, some of you may know that I sold my beloved awesome horse Shrimp nearly two months ago, this is him
n501651806_947546_82311.jpg

I was devasted but it was always on the cards that we would sell him when I went to uni. Anyway after an initial blip with the new owners in the first couple of days, we hadnt heard anything since but we got this email a couple of days ago and it really put a smile on my face, especially just the first line
smile.gif
:

He is just Fab!!

I'm delighted to say that he has completely settled in, and S goes out hacking with him on her own now - very happily - and I never feel the need to worry about them which is just great.

He seems to have really relaxed now that he knows S better, and he is just lovely to have around. I have to say that I think they make a really good pair - Shrimp appreciates her good hands and balance, and she is now getting to know and trust him a whole lot more.

We've done a couple of small shows with him, and at both he was a really good lad - waiting patiently & very relaxed both in and out of the ring, and we had lots of compliments on what a nice horse he is.

S was placed in Ridden horse and 2nd in equitation, and they had a couple of nice clear rounds SJ - taking things nice and steady just yet.

Also he did some XC training last week and was happily taking S round all the larger fences - a little bit keen when he felt he was the last in the group, but at no time scarey or unmanageable.

We're looking forward to S's first proper dressage lesson tomorrow, and have lots of things coming up on the calendar - XC at ..... next weekend and a ODE later in the month, so we'll keep you posted and send you some pics,

bye for now,

J x

How lovely is that?
smile.gif

I really hope they do keep in touch which im sure they will and anyway he's only 45 minutes away ( I can see where they live from my house except there's a great big river in the middle so we have to go round) He's also still in the same pony club area so im sure we'll see him out and about and one of my instructors has already taught them both at PC and she said he was really good. I know this is quite self indulgent but it makes me so proud of him and the fact me along with my mum turned him into what he is today from the scrawny little ex racehorse with many ups and downs on the way. I really hope he'll have as good a life with them as he had with us.

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
That's so lovely
smile.gif
I hope that if I decide to sell my girl, it will be to someone like that, who will keep me posted and let me know how she's getting on
smile.gif

You clearly adored him.... does it get easier? As in, do you miss him less and move on? (sorry if that sounds really over dramatic!!)

Shrimp

Visit site
Lol I still miss him an awful lot but I know he's happy and his new owners are so that makes it easier for me. Also with being away from home at uni im not thinking about it as much and im kept very busy. I do miss riding alot though.