Proud of my old fella!

eekmon

Visit site
I sent some pictures of my old boy to the TopSpec people ( I love the stuff) I explained about how fit and well he is and that I have used their balancer for about 3 years now, they loved his picture (he is with my part loaner) so they asked for it to go in their new brochure and it arrived on my doormat this lunchtime! He is in the veteran section!
laugh.gif
Totally self indulgant post I know!
cool.gif

riotgirl

Visit site
Eeek, just looked, and she's gone! She was there about April/May time so they must have moved her to make way for the new advertising. *Sniff* her moment of fame is no more...
tongue.gif

eekmon

Visit site
Just had a look, she is gorge! The pic they took of Ig was really just his head and of Lucy my part loaner but I did send them about 6! There was a lush one with me in it but I had tatty old jean shorts and a vest on so they couldn't use it!
blush.gif

riotgirl

Visit site
Oooh, just got home and they've sent me a brochure, she's on page 6. Just seen your lad in it - he is fantastic looking! I asked to be airbrushed out of any photos as I am the least photogenic person in the world, I tend to look very drunk.
grin.gif

airedale

Visit site
Well done - how old is he ?

I've got a 30 yr old in the yard and he's a great character and still does small local competitions.

Nowt wrong with an old horse if he's fit and well. Only thing is you become aware of the fact that your time with them is decreasing.

My own first pony is 23 now and I treasure each day with her. She's fit and well but she's a 70 yr old human really (but with the current gov. she'd probably not get a pension).

eekmon

Visit site
Hes 29 now!
blush.gif
He is still a handful at times and has more life in him than most of the horses on our yard! He is hacked out 5-6 times a week and does the odd veteran class! Its the big three o next year
blush.gif
Ive had him 24 years and can't imagine life without him
frown.gif
TBH we all think hes eternal!! Glad to hear of another well oldie!
smile.gif