PS of Sweden saddle pads

SBJT

Visit site
Does anyone have experience with these pads and are they worth the money. I’ve been seeing reviews and ads all over the internet and instagram and I’m tempted by one of these pads as they look really flashy, and the moisture wicking /anti bacterial thing is selling it for me. But it’s a much higher price tag for a saddle pad than I’ve spent in the past and I don’t want to throw away money. Anyone have one and what do they think?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I bought one, and the quality seemed decent but it was quite big. It ate up my PRE's back and mid section. I tried the cob size, but it was too small. It looked so lovely too.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have a couple, full sized dressage ones that I use under 17" gp or show whp saddles. I love the brick orange colour as its great for hacking. Yes they wick, no they dont rub.
I also have Equito pads too which are equally as good.

TFF, not a dressage diva but a bit magpie about bright colours or shiny things ?

SBJT

Visit site
Lol I completely agree! They look so pretty and the shiny metal emblem at the back kinda made me go ‘ooh’. Thinking of the wine version. By the sounds of it so far it’s a thumbs up. Which means I might have to start saving.

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
Lol I completely agree! They look so pretty and the shiny metal emblem at the back kinda made me go ‘ooh’. Thinking of the wine version. By the sounds of it so far it’s a thumbs up. Which means I might have to start saving.
Here is the brick orange full size, under the 16.5 whp saddle on 14hh, last weekend, go shop! ?
20201023_182710.jpg

SBJT

Visit site
That looks so nice! I love it ?.
The colour looks really eye catching with your horse’s coat, it just matches beautifully. Did you get the polo wraps too?

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
That looks so nice! I love it ?.
The colour looks really eye catching with your horse’s coat, it just matches beautifully. Did you get the polo wraps too?
No, no wraps as she's a fell pony, so oodles of feather ?
Equally, as I said I like the Equito, this full size black with gold trim is under the wet weather saddle
20201023_190209.jpg

NLPM

Visit site
I like them a lot although generally only buy them in sales or with discount codes. I like the colours and quality, and that they don't have the straps at the front so no pressure points/flappy bits.

NLPM

Visit site
Just a thought... I bought a few PSOS things last year around Black Friday - not long til this year's Black Friday so maybe worth seeing what deals there are? I bought from either Equissentials Dressage or Feather Dressage (or possibly both ?).

SBJT

Visit site
Good point! I always forget about Black Friday.

I’d heard that the marine jump monogram saddle pad is 15% discount due to a misspelling with printing but it’s not the colour I want.

God know when I die hopefully hubby doesn’t sell my horse things based on what I told him I paid for them.

NLPM

Visit site
I really like the marine but decided it was too similar to one I already had. Not convinced I don't regret that!

God know when I die hopefully hubby doesn’t sell my horse things based on what I told him I paid for them.

Ha! So true. I reckon mine would estimate PSOS saddlecloths to cost about £20 each. He did do quite a good job of trying to hide his horror the other day when I mentioned how much I thought I'd need to save to buy my next horse...

SBJT

Visit site
I really like the marine but decided it was too similar to one I already had. Not convinced I don't regret that!

Ha! So true. I reckon mine would estimate PSOS saddlecloths to cost about £20 each. He did do quite a good job of trying to hide his horror the other day when I mentioned how much I thought I'd need to save to buy my next horse...

Bahaha isn’t it so true. I think it’s the rule of 3. Give them a number and x3, then that’s the actual cost. Maybe we should start asking them if they really want to know, or if they’d prefer to assume a much smaller number.

I finally admitted to my husband late last year how much my western saddle cost when he complained about how much my replacement English saddle was (he bought it for me). I surprised he took it so well.
Now because he spends so much more time at the barn he’s stopped asking, I don’t think he wants to know now

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
According to my OH I dont "need" another saddle pad.

How wrong he is one can never have too many saddle pads!

I saw a schoekhmole grey with red trim but couldn't justify it at the time. However I got an amazon voucher when I left my old job and did originally buy H a bridle with it but he was petrified of it. Im strongly tempted to use it for a saddle pad!

SBJT

Visit site
According to my OH I dont "need" another saddle pad.

How wrong he is one can never have too many saddle pads!

I saw a schoekhmole grey with red trim but couldn't justify it at the time. However I got an amazon voucher when I left my old job and did originally buy H a bridle with it but he was petrified of it. Im strongly tempted to use it for a saddle pad!
If you’re looking for people to recommend not to this is the wrong forum ?. Go for it! You can never have enough saddle pads!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
If you’re looking for people to recommend not to this is the wrong forum ?. Go for it! You can never have enough saddle pads!

Oh I agree you can never have too many! Nor too many rugs!

Yet ironically he wants different apple watch straps (at the cost of a good saddle pad i hasten to add) for Xmas is that not the same as having multiple saddle pads? ;)

SBJT

Visit site
Oh I agree you can never have too many! Nor too many rugs!

Yet ironically he wants different apple watch straps (at the cost of a good saddle pad i hasten to add) for Xmas is that not the same as having multiple saddle pads? ;)
Aren’t all rugs £40 each? Lol... we don’t talk about costs of rugs either.

Of course, and those watch straps are damn expensive. Well either those or they want the Apple pod headphones.

Of course, and those watch straps are damn expensive. Well either those or they want the Apple pod headphones. ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Aren’t all rugs £40 each? Lol... we don’t talk about costs of rugs either.

Of course, and those watch straps are damn expensive. Well either those or they want the Apple pod headphones.

Of course, and those watch straps are damn expensive. Well either those or they want the Apple pod headphones. ?

Oh yes had to get those apple pod headphones last Christmas/ birthday for him! That would buy a lot of saddle pads :O plus they look really easy to lose you can't lose a saddle pad!

Agree those watch straps are extortionate, NOT that I'm buying this version as I'm not a multimillionaire (and if I was id have even more saddle pads) but there's a Hermes one for over £500 ? it doesnt include the watch i hasten to add this is purely the strap!

Hallo2012

Visit site
i have loads of them and they are well worth the money, i use them for hacking and farm rides and they get filthy and muddy and wash up like new over and over again.

i use cob under a 16 saddle on a chunky sec Blesson9.jpg

Asha

Visit site
i have them, and they are fab. Always wash well. Mine get battered as i use them for everything. Well worth the extra IMO

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Ok. This makes me want to try one again. But they just look so big on my horse and almost awkward. How are the Equestrian Stockholm in quality comparison?

Hallo2012

Visit site
Ok. This makes me want to try one again. But they just look so big on my horse and almost awkward. How are the Equestrian Stockholm in quality comparison?

same quality just slightly different styles (PSOS have the front buffer pad and no front strap and a square back corner, ESS have front straps and a rounded back corner so they look smaller)

LegOn

Visit site
I dont think they are any better in a massive way from other brands I have - Le Mieux, Eskadron, Horss, Rider by Horse or Equito - they are all good brands and all wear well and wash well! I would only buy PS of Sweden in a sale or with a discount code! I have Woof Wear, Kramer, HKM and lots of other brands that are still pricey but not as mad money as PS of Sweden & I dont really see much a difference in the quality! I'm a sucker for a colour I like so that will always sway me but I think some of the prices are just insane - especially the clothes!!!

HayleyUK

Visit site
I love them - there super quality and wash up far better than some of the other big brands. I use full size on a chunky 14.2 Connie but don’t find cob super small; the older colours are a bit less deep though so if she’s porky we start looking a bit mini skirt ?

PS and Eq Stockholm are similar quality, but PS have the front riser pad instead of straps which is quite smart if you’ve a mono flap saddle.

Sweden celebrate Singles Day on 11/11; and will be doing 22% off all in stock products that day. Most UK retailers will match the offer I’d imagine, so might be an opportunity for a bargain! Marine does have a spelling mistake on the spine, so is already discounted to reflect, so even bigger discount on Singles Day.

(for transparency, I’m Equissentials Dressage so do sell them - thank you for the recommendation above)

SBJT

Visit site
Okay so I did it! Got myself one yesterday and I love it. However, I may have gotten a pair of matching pants too, and what’s more shocking is that my husband didn’t bat an eye, especially when the sales person offered to write a separate husband approved receipt. He definitely gets brownie points!