PSD update

TayloredEq

www.tayloredequestrian.com
Well my dressage horse was diagnosed with hindlimb PSD 8 weeks ago.

Originally the vet had said he didn't want to scan him till 8 weeks in. My programme for the horse was 2 x 30mins on the walker a day plus turnout. I was told I could also try shockwave.

As we have a spa here I told the vet I wanted to use that and would like the horse scanned after 4 weeks.

1st scan (4 weeks) there was already some improvement.

2nd scan (8 weeks) the suspensory now lookd the same as the other one.

So new programme is to start ridden work. one week to 10 days hacking, introducing trot work on the road towards the end then starting in the school. Next scan in another 4 weeks and then I can hopefully start to canter.

Basically I'm really really pleased as when quizzed my vet today said he expected it to be 12 weeks before he saw any improvement and 6 months before ridden work would start.

Halfstep

Visit site
TE - that is brilliant news! Fingers crossed for the start of the work. Can I ask: How bad was the original injury? How lame was the horse?

xx
smile.gif

TayloredEq

www.tayloredequestrian.com
Morning!!

The vet said he classes it as mild, moderate or severe and this was moderate.

The horse was not lame, and was diagnosed because of lack of performance (even though he was winning) and a thermal scan showed activity in that area.

I don't think you had your fingers crossed hard enough - have just been bucked off and deposited in a field and then watched as he has galloped nearly a mile home, plus my livery has told me he may have also jumped a wire fence so about to go and check on the cctv!! But hey ho, put myself in the spa and then him!!