PSSM crew - Vitamin E

croissant

Visit site
Hi gang,

I need to get some more vitamin e soon, and I'm sure I've read somewhere you can get it in powder/granule form? Currently using the Equimins oil which has turned the feed room into a sticky mess (sorry YO) so I would like a cleaner option if this exists, as long as it's not any more expensive or sacrificing bioavailability.

Lots of powders with selenium/lysine but I want pure unadulterated crazy vitamin e - can someone point me in the right direction or tell me if this is a figment of my imagination?

Thanks

Holzdweaver

Visit site
Wonder whether a medicine syringe and bottle adapter might work for you? Rather than a different product entirely. I was just thinking along the lines of administering something like metacam where you just draw how many ml you need at a time out of the bottle entirely mess free (well until you try getting it into the reluctant animals mouth!!). Not sure how wide the bottle is, or whether transferring to a smaller dosing bottle would be easier and cleaner for you? Just a thought :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Progressive Earth on EBay sell natural and synthetic pure vitamin E Powder. Both work, but you need twice as much synthetic as natural because it's not absorbed as well by the body. I'm currently using synthetic and about to swap to natural. I couldn't face the oil even though it's cheaper :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Wonder whether a medicine syringe and bottle adapter might work for you? Rather than a different product entirely. I was just thinking along the lines of administering something like metacam where you just draw how many ml you need at a time out of the bottle entirely mess free (well until you try getting it into the reluctant animals mouth!!). Not sure how wide the bottle is, or whether transferring to a smaller dosing bottle would be easier and cleaner for you? Just a thought :)

Off topic, but I had a cat on metacam and she followed me round the house yowling for it and licked it off the palm of my hand! I was a bit surprised :)

Miszeemare

Visit site
I found the equimins oil OK to deal with (or rather YO does) by decanting small amounts into a small Tupperware container and using a calpol syringe to measure into feed.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I found the equimins oil OK to deal with (or rather YO does) by decanting small amounts into a small Tupperware container and using a calpol syringe to measure into feed.

That's what I do and I don't waste any - it's too expensive. It has to be a large bore (hole on the end) syringe and calpol or dentinox ones are idea. I made the hole even bigger.

You could also decant it into a clean ketchup bottle or a large lamb feeding syringe (which is actually a 50ml catheter syringe).

paddy555

Visit site
i think we worked out the equimins one was the cheapest. How are you dealing with it? I use equimins and have absolutely no wastage and no mess or stickiness. I use the ketchup bottle method.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I use the Equimins oil and decant it into a ketchup bottle (thanks to whoever suggested that) then squeeze it into a syringe to use. No mess at all.