Puffa

teddy_

Visit site
Does anyone know what happened to the Puffa brand?

I'd love one of their jackets again but cannot even seem to find old stock anywhere online :(...

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I found the following via a quick Google search....

https://www.drapersonline.com/product-and-trends/the-reinvention-of-the-puffa-jacket

Puffa is undergoing something of a renaissance. The British outerwear brand, which describes itself as “the original duvet clothing company”, has been around for more than four decades. However, sales have tailed off in recent years as high street retailers launched their own versions of its distinctive jacket style, and Puffa has been resigned to the bargain bin.
Now, UK supplier Rextrek, which acquired the licence for Puffa from CAA-GBG (Global Brands) last year, is determined to move the brand firmly back into the mid-market by making it more directional, with improved design and quality.
“Global Brands wanted to take the brand more upmarket, so we started working with Puffa under licence because of our strong reputation for good-quality outerwear,” explains James Barden, owner and managing director of Rextrek, which was established in 1989 and whose clients include Hackett, Crew Clothing and Barbour. “It’s a well-known brand. We felt it had some legs.”
Puffa was founded in 1973 by Penny Rogers, who was inspired by quilted jackets she saw on her travels to the US and Canada. It peaked in popularity in the 1980s and 1990s, attracting high-profile fans such as Diana, Princess of Wales, and giving British model Jodie Kidd her first modelling job. It became so synonymous with its signature style that most quilted jackets are still referred to as “puffas”, although Barden points out that the name “Puffa” is a trademark and cannot be used by others.
Global Brands acquired Puffa from Rogers in 2009 and today it is stocked by Topshop, Asos, House of Fraser and Lipsy/Next.

L&M

Visit site
I got a lovely proper Puffa bodywarmer on ebay for 5.99, reversible brown with a contrasting inner check!!! Very retro....

Last edited:

Abby-Lou

Visit site
Have a look on ebay they sometimes come up also try Mark regent similar line. I used to love puffa & Mark Regent like walking around wrapped in your duvet !

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Thank you so much but I think these are all men's :'(
Does it matter?? just asking, as I buy many men's clothing as it is more suitable for the yard. No silly frilly tight waisted clothing for me. I want plain practical clothing for the stable work.
I buy men's shirts from Tesco and men's coats. Even men's yard boots as they are wider fit.

Last edited:

teddy_

Visit site
Does it matter?? just asking, as I buy many men's clothing as it is more suitable for the yard. No silly frilly tight waisted clothing for me. I want plain practical clothing for the stable work.
I buy men's shirts from Tesco and men's coats. Even men's yard boots as they are wider fit.
Not at all, but I am just after a specific type of jacket that Puffa used to make. I'm also quite small so most mens clothing would probably look ridiculous on me :p!