pulborough

Kelpie

Visit site
Anyone been there today? How was it?

Am due there tomorrow but feeling cr@p with some bug so can't decide if I might withdraw if feeling rough plus bad weather and wet ground? ....or maybe I just need a kicking to get my butt over there in the morning? ;)

FrecklesMum

Visit site
Well I was there and went to declare this pm for tomorrow and was advised by sec to wait till Tom as they will cancel if to much rain.

Ground at the moment is amazing!

Kelpie

Visit site
Well I was there and went to declare this pm for tomorrow and was advised by sec to wait till Tom as they will cancel if to much rain.

Ground at the moment is amazing!

Thanx... Tho Bugger hope they will decide tonight if they will cancel rather that in the am?

sarahcma

Visit site
Amazing in a soggy, holding sort of way.... Horses finishing tired, riding fine at lunchtime, but didn't want to be too much wetter. Drains v well though, so hope! Sj on smart new surface so that'll be fne, lorry park fine too. Hope you all get a run. Dressage might be horrible as on a slope!

speedbird

Visit site
My friends fit horse finished quite tired today, she rode at the very end of the day. She went to pick her number up for tomorrow and they advised her not to ,incase they cancel. I ve looked at the weather and there's heavy rain there all tonight and early morning.
That will be my 3rd BE 100 canceled this year if they do. I'd rather not run though, if it's going to be that bad.

Kelpie

Visit site
hmm, bugger - I have a morning DR time but not XC until about 2.30 (doing the 100 Plus) so maybe the XC won't be looking too clever by then as the rain is still set in?

We had a fabulous run at South of England (double clear in the time), so maybe I should quite while we're ahead and finish our season on the SoE good note rather than risk it??

mocha911

Visit site
oh dear...... what will it be like come Sunday with all this rain...
I'am running in the 90 with a late XC time, hope it doesn't get to boggy by the time i go..:(
have seen the weather forecast and rain all night and well into tomorrow...huhh

HKJ

Visit site
I jump judged all day today and the ground was fab this morning - they had to help with some of the takeoffs and landings towards the end of the day, but most of the horses looked to be pulling still at the end. Yes a few were tired, but you get that anywhere.
They are moving some of the jumps tonight so they have fresh take offs and landings, so my fingers are crossed it will run.
It is supposed to be dry all day tomorrow onwards until Sunday pm.

I'm also riding sunday - and spoke to the sectary before I left and nothing was said about possibly cancelling.

AutumnRose

Visit site
I'm leaving at 6am tomorrow to run in the 100, be seriously annoyed if i get a text half way there! Fingers crossed the rain isn't as bad as forecast tonight, it does drain very quickly there. Supposed to be nice from tomorrow morning all weekend.

Didn't know they had a new surface, where is it??

star

Visit site
SJ at Pulborough caused carnage last year and it was nothing to do with the ground - was on grass but ground was spot on. Hardly anyone went clear last year esp in the Novice - cricket scores everywhere! I got one of only 5 clear rounds in my BE100 section last yr!

Angelbones

Visit site
We went today and had a great day - we won our section :D Luckily we rode whilst the sun was out and it only started to spit just as we finished xc.

The ground was amazingly good considering. The dressage arena felt a little 'gluey' underfoot but wasn't slippy, the sj arena is fantastic and rode well although the warm up was getting very boggy in front of the jumps but I suspect they'll move that if its still on. The lack of clear rounds wasn't due to the ground. Xc rode well; we stuck in larger studs than normal, and we came back a bit frothy but the going was good and no slipping.

The lorry park was good - tractor on standby - and we were pretty much the last to leave due one of those dire situations where you go early in your section (1-2pm) but know that you've done well and want to wait for prizegiving (it was our first red one afterall :p ) but 4 hrs was a bit much I thought.

If the rain holds off I think they'll run it as the ground is good, is draining well, and over all I have to say I was very impressed with the conditions all round. It wasn't fun there this afternoon, sitting around in the rain, poor light, and falling temps, so a big thank you to all those who helped out when it would have been so much nicer in front of a roaring fire with a glass of wine (which is what I'm doing now :) )

If you do go, good luck and enjoy yourself - suddenly the end of the season seems far too soon. Here's a pic of the lovely new sj arena:
file-2.jpg

TiaPony

Visit site
I feel so sorry for everyone meant to be running today :( the rain just did not stop overnight. I'm meant to be running tomorrow - forecast is good so fingers crossed!

Nicnac

Visit site
Sun's out now so good chance of running tomorrow I would think, but my goodness did it rain overnight. More rain forecast for Monday though :(

It was going to be my first BE with new boy so glad that we're not ready & didn't enter.

AutumnRose

Visit site
When my alarm went off at 5am i decided i wasn't going, even if it ran. The rain overnight was hideous! Didn't want to risk the abandoned text when we were half way there AND we've had such a good season i'd hate to have a slip in bad ground and end on a bad note.

Quick change of plans, going autumn hunting instead!!

Its supposed to be nice all day and drains quickly there, i'd be pretty hopeful of it running tomorrow.

speedbird

Visit site
Lots of people rang this morning about 6 30ish and they said it was on. They then made an announcement at 8 to say it had been abandoned when everyone was on warming up for the dressage. The showjumping warm up was so bad I'm surprised that hadn't moved it. I would of gone hunting but that was canceled as well !

PolarSkye

Visit site
Well, said friend actually went . . . received no text, no notification that it was abandoned today . . . it was only when they were lowering the ramp that someone came and told them - and quite a few others who had also gone - that it was abandoned. Yes, they'll refund the entry fee, but what about the diesel money? :(.

P

vic07

Visit site
Just walked it! Ground is a little soft but perfectly acceptable. They have spilt the new all weather into a warm up as well. Show jumping looks quite twisty and tight! But huge credit to organisers for keeping it running! :)