Pulling manes on reg section D

Abracadabjar

Visit site
Im about to go out and start competing my 6 year old mare, now she has a very messy, wavy thick at one end thin at the other mane, It really needs pulling.

does anyone know the length it should be pulled to.

any help would be VERY gratefully recieved!!!!

dsophiea

Visit site
im not entirely sure but i think its normally trimmed at about mid-length, not plaitable but not really long! hope this helps, sorry its such a useless answer x

L

lilym

please excuse the dreadful piccie, from dressage practice... but this is my 6yo sec d he does showing as well and no-one has moaned about his mane!!
CIMG1374Small.jpg

trendybraincell

Visit site
depends on what sort of neck your beastie has, in lilym's case her rather sexy horse has a nice thick neck so she can get away with longer than something with a less impressive neck.

Its all an illusion (much like plaiting) to show off best qualities of horse. If your's has a smaller neck go a bit shorter, a thicker neck can get away with longer, but generally 6/7 inches is a good length.

Have you got a picture?

conniegirl

Visit site
I'd take abotu 2 inches off to start with and then see how it looks.

I show section D's inhand and length of mane realy does depend on the strength of the neck

star

Visit site
i probably wouldn't do much with it. it's about the same length as my young D. my older D's is longer but he has a super big neck and can carry it off. i've shown both of them successfully.