Puppy biting

planete

Visit site
Be careful the older dog is pup tolerant. My bitches and terrier are, my male lurcher is not. He gets put in another room if pups visit. He would badly scare a pup and might even draw blood though I do not think he would inflict real damage. The grandchildren let the pup into the room he was in once and the poor pup was unharmed but in shock for the next couple of hours. Not good.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It is not unknown for an older dog to be frightened of a pup, or over enthusiastic in other cases. Do please take the introduction carefully. Our yellow Lab is a brilliant nanny but she was scared of a 9 week old Lab pup when she 1st met her and then of a 5 month old pup when she met her. She needed time to get to know them both in a controlled environment.

Clodagh

Visit site
Our Middle Aged bitches hate the puppies. None of them would actually do real harm although there has been some horrible noises. Scout, young lab, adores them and plays for hours.
Make sure to give older dog the option not to engage. Supervise them at all times. I hope they have a nice play together.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Our Middle Aged bitches hate the puppies. None of them would actually do real harm although there has been some horrible noises. Scout, young lab, adores them and plays for hours.
Make sure to give older dog the option not to engage. Supervise them at all times. I hope they have a nice play together.

Our 6 yr old Rotter was thrilled to meet the 8 week old Labs, so much so that we kept her on a lead around them for almost a month, to avoid accidents.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Our 6 yr old Rotter was thrilled to meet the 8 week old Labs, so much so that we kept her on a lead around them for almost a month, to avoid accidents.

My neighbours Rotter was an absolute delight with Daisy as a puppy. A real nanny.

Daisy is a complete bitch with puppies.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
My neighbours Rotter was an absolute delight with Daisy as a puppy. A real nanny.

Daisy is a complete bitch with puppies.

Our pups were the first that she had met, she was just so excited, partly because her sister had just had to be pts. Fortunately the Dalmatian and Staffy who she knew when she was a pup showed her how to go on, when they visited next. Rotter was worried that they were going to take the pups with them when they left our house but when they didn’t, she calmed down and started to behave more appropriately around them. It was lovely to watch her 'chasing' them up the yard, never quite catching up.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Bear was distinctly unimpressed with the puppies. I hope your sister has an escape route if the older dog isn’t happy with the puppy. I’ve taught my lot to come away from other dogs: I’m very wary of allowing them to harass other dogs and it definitely isn’t another dog’s job to tell off a puppy.