Puppy decisions. :-)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Whereas I know plenty of people who thought the general licences were not a great concept. I'm yet to meet a farmer who likes doing paperwork.

I just don't think people should be saying you can't shoot them when you can, meanwhile it is of course all Chris Packham's fault.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Quarrie came home at 10 weeks, the setter at 14 weeks-no problems with either although Quarrie suffered quite badly from car sickness for a couple of months (the setter did a bit but not for as long) and was also a little harder to teach to be alone.

as for crows, I wish the local farmers would shoot them but I've yet to meet these mythical farmers that have everything shot/poison everything-maybe Scottish hill farmers are soft lol. I am sure they'd like to be able to get rid of some ravens though.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The people I have known doing it haven't been farmers but people who want to shoot so get a licence and pimp themselves out to farmers/try and get permission to shoot in particular places regardless of threat.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
The people I have known doing it haven't been farmers but people who want to shoot so get a licence and pimp themselves out to farmers/try and get permission to shoot in particular places regardless of threat.

when I've broached it with them (over two years the crows and ravens drove me to distraction stealing eggs although I've found ways of dealing with them now) they said live and let live and that the crows mostly just clean stuff up rather than cause an issue like the ravens do. So expect people ask but they aren't bothered.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
It's just new rules. People don't like new rules before/when they're being introduced, but everyone gets used to it eventually.
You should try getting a gun licence at all in certain parts of the world, you need to be a rocket scientist to fill in some of the forms.

Clodagh

Visit site
Its a little annoying we won't be allowed to collect until 9 weeks! which to me seems a little too old.

I collected my JRT at 6 weeks and shes turned out Fab - she never leaves my side and is obedient (as obedient as a terrier can be anyway) and gets on great with other dogs.

But the labs will be microchipped and had first vaccines which is useful but not sure if its worth the extra wait.

Hellooo...Photos!?

BallyJ

Visit site
That’s the breeder in the photo! And their neutered male in the back ground! Pick her up on Sunday after she’s had her jab on Saturday- does anyone have any info on Lepto 4 vs Lepto 2? They’re having 4 but our vets secretary seems to think it must be given exactly 2 weeks later is this correct?

{97702}

Visit site
Yes with Lepto 4 you have a first dose then a second 2 weeks later the first time - after that it is just annually. I’m having two adult rescues done at the moment as they came to me only with Lepto 2, they have theirs 4 weeks apart as adults! (confusing!)

Puppy is just gorgeous 😍😍😍

BallyJ

Visit site
Yes with Lepto 4 you have a first dose then a second 2 weeks later the first time - after that it is just annually. I’m having two adult rescues done at the moment as they came to me only with Lepto 2, they have theirs 4 weeks apart as adults! (confusing!)

Puppy is just gorgeous 😍😍😍

Glad to hear you use 4 - the secretary was rather unprofessional and told me to ‘google it’ and I would find all I needed - she’s seen too many side effects to talk to me about it!

I was there with a lame terrier so couldn’t speak to the vet, but I’m taking her in for an X-ray Wednesday so will chat to him then!

She is lovely - getting very excited now

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
I'm glad we're enforcing obligatory photos :D

L4 is four week interval for puppies too - it's the DHP that can be repeated after two.

ETA: Be sure to tell the vet that his receptionist is peddling tin foil hat anti vax nonsense...!

{97702}

Visit site
Oops so sorry, I nearly googled to check then thought that 2 weeks for puppies sounded right! Thanks BC 😊

I had quite a lot of surprise from the rescue that I’ve insisted on updating mine to Lepto 4 but there have been cases in the area and apparently (according to my vet) the blummin wild boar have Lepto 😳 whoever released those things into the forest has so much to answer for....**sidetracks off into muttering about wild boar**.... 🙄

Clodagh

Visit site
Mine all have lepto 4. No side effects.
That receptionist is so far out of order! Whatever her personal opinion she should not be saying things like that.
The pup is gorgeous, a lovely 'bouffy' head, especially on a bitch. So many fox reds have snipey heads, yours looks lovely.

Clodagh

Visit site
Oops so sorry, I nearly googled to check then thought that 2 weeks for puppies sounded right! Thanks BC 😊

I had quite a lot of surprise from the rescue that I’ve insisted on updating mine to Lepto 4 but there have been cases in the area and apparently (according to my vet) the blummin wild boar have Lepto 😳 whoever released those things into the forest has so much to answer for....**sidetracks off into muttering about wild boar**.... 🙄

I'm sure Millie would be up for some wild boar coursing. :)

{97702}

Visit site
I'm sure Millie would be up for some wild boar coursing. :)

I’m quite sure she would 😱 there have been a few cases of them ripping open greyhounds and lurchers though so she is hopefully never going to get the chance 😂

She was very miffed that I wouldn’t let her off the lead on our walk this morning, there were muntjac yelling all the time we were there!

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
I read somewhere recently that 8-11 weeks is when lots of pups go through a fear impact period so might not bounce back as easily from the change of home or any scares they receive, which would suggest either 7 weeks or even 12 weeks might be better for the transition into a new home. Not sure of the science behind this thinking though. I have brought pups home at 7 weeks and 8 weeks.

I’ve brought pups home as early as five weeks😮! Never had an issue. The pups that I have taken on at 6/7 months - that’s a different story!

Clodagh

Visit site
Fee is 16 weeks now and totally petrified of everything. Two weeks ago she loved everyone, now they are very, very scarey!