Puppy in to be spayed today

HeatherAda

Visit site
I bet I watch the phone all day...

Daft as a brush, she bounced in without a care in the world. I know she'll be fine, but can't help worrying. It's quite a major op really.

The worst of it will be keeping her on a lead for 10 days. She'll hate it.

Wish her luck!

Acolyte

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I bet I watch the phone all day...

Daft as a brush, she bounced in without a care in the world. I know she'll be fine, but can't help worrying. It's quite a major op really.

The worst of it will be keeping her on a lead for 10 days. She'll hate it.

Wish her luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck! Islay is being spayed too today, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for her too
smile.gif

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Sending your pup vibes. Had my girl spayed a month ago, she was 7 years old. Bounced in like a pup and came out so sorry for herself. I worried all day about her so know how you will be feeling. She was very miserable for about 24 hours and then was fine. She was totally back to normal after a week, but unfortunately had to have another general yesterday (see my post below). She is fine again this morning. Sending vibes that your puppy will soon be back to her bouncy self.
ETS Vibes to Islay too.

HeatherAda

Visit site
thanks chaps... good luck Islay too
smile.gif
I'm a terrible worrier when it comes to Darcy. But she's 6 months old, fit as a fiddle and I think will bounce back quick enough... off to read your post MM.

Marnie

Visit site
Good vibes on their way - I know how you feel, my little Foxy was spayed yesterday, she is fine, just a little sorry for herself. I think the hard job will be to stop her playing when she starts to feel a bit more like herself!

Marnie

Visit site
I think she is about 18 months - she came from the gypsies, along with her brother - both in my sig below. She has been snoozing all morning on the settee with me, I was able to work from home today which has been good!

Vibes still flowing!!

HeatherAda

Visit site
phew! just got the call, she is absolutely fine (of course!) and I can collect her at 2.30. hooray.

Marnie I work from home too so I can lavish the tlc. I suspect she may just want to be left alone mostly. thank you for the vibes
smile.gif

HeatherAda

Visit site
thank you. well she's at home out for the count on a folded up duvet with her tongue hanging out... stitches are really neat. I'm sure she's very sore and she is clearly uncomfortable when moving around. good sleep and she'll be right as rain.

She tried so hard to greet me as she normaly would bless her but couldn't quite muster enough strength. a couple of little whimpers i.e. naughty mummy, what did you do that for?!?!? but her tail kept wagging away.

I'm glad she's home! (I sound like a right wet blanket don't I - she is my weakness!
grin.gif
)

Acolyte - any word on how Islay is getting on?

Acolyte

Visit site
Nooo - I want to ring the kennels, but then I don't want to irritate them
blush.gif
The homing co-ordinator did say she would contact me if there were any problems - I have e-mailed her today to ask if I can pick Islay up on Tuesday instead as I have booked the whole week off work next week
smile.gif

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Glad to hear she is home. You'll probably find she will be zonked out most of tonight. I gave Buffy arnica tablets after her op. They are supposed to help bruising and general soreness. If you can get some it might be worth giving to her over the next couple of days.