Puppy neutering

Bellasophia

Visit site
Lev...I would let Colin grow/ develop for the first year..His Crown Jewels could still arrive / decend ,up to nine months,although usually by the sixth month you can be fairly certain the second testicle may not decend if it still has not made its debut.
Bear in mind these little jewels can decend then retract ,just to tease us further in our decision making.
...in this time frame you can decide who he is and if neutering him at all is the route you want to take.
Humping at this early pup age has nothing to do with dominance..he is simply experimenting and it is easily corrected with a toy distraction or a gentle push away with your hand and a verbal correction.
If you decide he’s fine as he is,but the testicle is still retained,you can opt to remove just the one retained testicle and leave him with his hormones.

Take your time with this..you have at least a year to decide..the negative effects of retained testes usually manifest after two years and upwards.

Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
thanks levrier, i hadnt come across that before , my little terrier was rather well endowed in that area and def had both down.....my boy has turned out to be so lovely in temperament it seems a shame that he couldnt have been a dad, still much more better for daily life but he still is quite interested if we meet a female on heat but he doesnt hump just puts his nose there...