Puppy Play Pen

Goldenstar

Visit site
I am thinking of buying a play pen for the Pup it could go in the garden room which runs off the kitchen .
I am thinking of putting a crate in the cage with a bed in it .
This would allow me to leave the pup in house outside the crate while I ride etc, while knowing that she’s safe while Mrs Lurchers getting used to the idea .
Who has used a puppy pen the house what do you all think ?

vannersrus

Visit site
We have one and are still using at 7 months with a v large bed in it . Our puppy was and still is a terrible chewer so can’t really leave her for long periods even in the kitchen as she likes cables , chairs, wooden drawers etc ?
We also have an elderly GSd and felt it important to separate them both for the puppy’s safety and to give the gsd a break
It had 8 panels and is really sturdy. I bought another, smaller one and use that for temporary blocking etc outside , protecting the Xmas tree etc
Thoroughly recommend!

BBP

Visit site
I did the same, big pen with crate in it. Kept pup out of mischief when I wasn’t looking. If we weren’t going into even more lockdown-y lockdown I would happily rehome mine to you if you were anywhere close.

Edit to add I did have to put a lid on it after a while, once he grew big enough to climb/jump out, for when I went up to do the horses.

oldie48

Visit site
I used one for Stanley. It attached to his crate so I could leave the crate door open and he had the run of the pen which you could put in different shapes. It worked really well, kept him safe and because we had it in the kitchen next to the table he was still with me but not under my feet.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I don’t think it will last long she will be eight weeks I just hope it will help the Lurcher and her to understand what’s what .
Dram will be fine .
Shes looking great she’s a lovely Pup .

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Zak was the only one who worked out how to climb out of the puppy pen, hence the Oh chose him. All depends on if the pup is happy to stay in there. If you want to put it in the garden room, could you get a baby gate instead? Harder to climb.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Zak was the only one who worked out how to climb out of the puppy pen, hence the Oh chose him. All depends on if the pup is happy to stay in there. If you want to put it in the garden room, could you get a baby gate instead? Harder to climb.

we need to protect the B and O speakers and telly as well .

Nasicus

Visit site

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
When I said jump I meant jump, in one go, from a standstill, as sat and I watched it ? like I say this was at 14 weeks, maybe if he'd been it it from 8 weeks it would have been different.

I just used a kid's one from Mothercare (at that time).

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
I got the 8 sided pen for my lab pup, attached to his crate so hes got a big area. Hes nearly 9 months old now and its still big enough for him and he hasnt jumped out..... yet :D