pure feed for hooves

hotdog

Visit site
Does anyone feed pure feed as a diet for barefoot horses? if so do you feed it on it's own or do you add anything to it?

I'm thinking of forage plus or pro earth balancers to it? or is the feed complete as it is?

ktj1891

Visit site
I used to feed it for my boy and he did well on it alongside linseed. I changed his feed but now wondering if I should go back to pure feeds!

Brandy77

Visit site
I feed the Pure Fibre Balance to my barefoot TB.

It is a balancer so shouldn't need anything extra but I add a tablespoon each of Salt, Brewers yeast & magnesium per day.

dianchi

Visit site
Sorry never come across this before!

Is base mix the same as Linseed and Equijewel?
Bit like the Falcon feed Omega Rice?

I feed 500g Linseed a day and two cups of equijewel!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Mine is on Pure Easy, with some Linseed Oil, and although he only had is shoes off for the first time last week he has walked out every day on the roads for 10-20 minutes and been lunged 3 times and has been fine so far. I can only presume this feed is hoof friendly.

Dianchi, it looks like dried grass mainly, no molasses, with what look like grass nuts and another nut in.

I also feed Pro Feet, and a small amount of Magnesium.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
If mine is not fed Magnesium he can be sharp. He is on about a third of a dose of "Relax Me" which is a magnesium based product, with claimed added digestive benefits. He is only on about a third of a dose as we have reduced it to a state where he is, well, relaxed, but I do notice if we cut it right out.