Pure Feed Linseed

Derfette

Visit site
Has anyone ever used the micronized linseed from the Pure Feed Company?

Thinking about changing from oil to micronized and would grateful to hear about any of your experiences.

Shay

Visit site
Micronized linseed is widely available and from a huge range of companies. Personally I use a NOPS approved supplier - but you can get it pretty much anywhere. Much cheaper than oil, more palatable to my boys , cheaper and easier to keep in the summer. You can find it mixed with other herbs or mixed with minerals or just on its own. Take your pick!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
A lot of the different brands available are just relabelled charnwoods anyway ;) but yes it is definitely better than feeding the oil.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
I use it.
Looks good and my horse eats it!
He's quite fussy.
I used pure feeds in the past and like that I could get it delivered.
There is a minimum order of 2 bags though.
Since we moved counties, I now live near a country wide and they stock it.
I didn't really want 2 bags of linseed as a bag lasts a while!

smellsofhorse

Visit site
And it looks like the Pure Feeds one is a 15kg bag instead of 20kg for the Charnwood one despite being about the same price or more depending on where you get it from.

Charmeood add £7 delivery for the first 20kg then is it £0.25 for every kilo after that.

Where as pure feeds price includes postage.

Archiepoo

Visit site
has anyones horse ever had a reaction to linseed? my boys sheath swells a lot with it added to his feed

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Charmeood add £7 delivery for the first 20kg then is it £0.25 for every kilo after that.

Where as pure feeds price includes postage.

Would still be cheaper £22.75 for 15kg would work out at £30.33 for a 20kg bag. From Charnwood £21.50 plus £7 is £28.50

Funnily enough one of the most expensive places to get Charnwood Linseed is directly from Charnwood!

Lots of local places stock it for less - nearly everywhere round here stocks it and prices vary between £18.75 and £22.50 but if you need mail order try GWT Titmuss or the Farm and Pet Place are good value.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Would still be cheaper £22.75 for 15kg would work out at £30.33 for a 20kg bag. From Charnwood £21.50 plus £7 is £28.50

Funnily enough one of the most expensive places to get Charnwood Linseed is directly from Charnwood!

Lots of local places stock it for less - nearly everywhere round here stocks it and prices vary between £18.75 and £22.50 but if you need mail order try GWT Titmuss or the Farm and Pet Place are good value.

yup :)
I know 3 local places that stock it now :) used to have to order but it is quite popular now.

WelshD

Visit site
Its worth asking your local feed shop if they can order the 20kg bags in for you

Where I work we sell unbranded micronised linseed 20kg in clear bags. we can get hold of it very easily. I haven't seen it anywhere else locally but then most local places sell branded feeds

HollyhedgePippa

Visit site
I buy it from Farm pet and place online. Although it doesn't say it online it is charnwoods. £21.49 plus £1.99 delivery. All of my orders from them have been despatched the same day and arrived the next day :)

Derfette

Visit site
Its worth asking your local feed shop if they can order the 20kg bags in for you

Where I work we sell unbranded micronised linseed 20kg in clear bags. we can get hold of it very easily. I haven't seen it anywhere else locally but then most local places sell branded feeds

Have already asked. They have just started to stock the Charnwood linseed (with an Equus Health label on it), but at just over £32.00 a bag, I'll be getting something elsewhere!