Pure Feed

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Well someone on TE is saying they have just spoken to them and they haven’t but it was my feed merch who put it on FB so why would they out it on in error?

LEC

www.youtube.com
Where is this reported please? Nothing on their website (yet?)
Websites are last to report it because they want value to remain in case they can sell the business. Asking people involved is never that reliable….

little_critter

Visit site
I'd noticed that their website has been showing no stock on some things for a while.
I fed Pure Working recently and had no issues with it other than it being a bit pricey. I was looking to switch feeds anyway.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Easibed apparently shut up shop yesterday, according to my local feed merchants.

They hadnt heard about Pure feed tho and they are the largest stockist in the SE, with prices around £3 or more less than on the Pure Feed website.
I have just picked up 3 bags of Easy with long date on, should last me well into new year as mine not having much at present.

Nicnac

Visit site
Nothing on Companies House or that I can see on TE - looks like everything ok? I've used them for years and they're excellent both in terms of product and service.

LEC

www.youtube.com
Just seen this on said post by feed merch -
I'm reliably informed that a new owner is likely to be announced in the next few days and hence orders will be back up & running within the next 7-10 days which is great news for everyone involved, staff, customers, suppliers etc....

chaps89

Visit site
Oh bother.
I do hope that there are new owners.
Had success with pure east over the summer, moved to speedibeet and lite & healthy chaff but he won’t eat it so I was about to go and buy another bag of pure easy this weekend.
I’ll also be gutted if easibed goes, there’s not a lot of choice in bedding up here and that’s definitley my preference :(

Nasicus

Visit site
I tried to ring them earlier, but it said the lines were closed. I suggest anyone worried should reach out to them and ask directly, as this isn't the first time a feed merchant has caused a potential kerfuffle over this kind of thing.
It's what I did on the last thread when someone's feed merchant played telephone and claimed Dengie were no longer making a certain product. Rang them myself and it wasn't the case at all, they'd just had a manufacturing issue and were getting it sorted.

I do sometimes wonder if things like this are said to get some aging stock shifted from customers stocking up/panic buying... ? But then I'm a cynical bugger ?

Nicnac

Visit site
My usual supplier was out but managed to get 4 bags of Pure Fibre Balance from another merchant who hasn't had a delivery for a while. Don't think they've gone into admin - as LEC said a change of ownership sounds more likely.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Oh that's rubbish as my pony has decided he will only eat Pure Easy out of all the chaffs :(

I did wonder why they were showing as out of stock on their website! Hopefully just a temporary measure .... ?

Bluekate1000

New User
Visit site
Easibed apparently shut up shop yesterday, according to my local feed merchants.

They hadnt heard about Pure feed tho and they are the largest stockist in the SE, with prices around £3 or more less than on the Pure Feed website.
I have just picked up 3 bags of Easy with long date on, should last me well into new year as mine not having much at present.

I can assure you that easibed horse bedding has not ceased trading. I had a delivery this morning.

chaps89

Visit site

Damn, based on this I thought I’d make a detour on the flying trip down I’m making later this week. Just been to do a click and collect and it’s out of stock :(

I message pure Feeds via FB messenger over the weekend saying I was having trouble getting hold of pure easy, and I got an auto message back saying no one would be in the office until Thursday so expect a reply after then. So who knows. I do hope they haven’t gone under.

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
Damn, based on this I thought I’d make a detour on the flying trip down I’m making later this week. Just been to do a click and collect and it’s out of stock :(

I message pure Feeds via FB messenger over the weekend saying I was having trouble getting hold of pure easy, and I got an auto message back saying no one would be in the office until Thursday so expect a reply after then. So who knows. I do hope they haven’t gone under.
Perhaps worth you phoning both local feed stores to see if either does have some back stock in? X

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
What a shame :(

I’ve found somewhere local with what I need in stock, I’m now dithering between buying some for the fussy one whilst it’s there or wondering if I’m delaying the inevitable so might as well just pick a new feed now ?
I stuck to grabbing the last 3 bags which will last a while, so I'll need to find a suitable replacement by mid Feb, Winergy is looking possible but I'm going to try and get samples 1st.

rextherobber

Visit site
I stuck to grabbing the last 3 bags which will last a while, so I'll need to find a suitable replacement by mid Feb, Winergy is looking possible but I'm going to try and get samples 1st.
I thought that but I can't out what's in it, would you know? I thought feed companies had to put composition on their websites, in which case, I'm not looking properly

chaps89

Visit site
I thought that but I can't out what's in it, would you know? I thought feed companies had to put composition on their websites, in which case, I'm not looking properly
It’s not just you, I can see nutritional analysis but not ingredients.

I feel a spreadsheet coming on! Time to put various options side by side for a comparison.