Pure Fibre Balance - The fibre feed balance

Jazzy B

Visit site
Just got a diet plan back from Pure Feeds (just being nosy) and this was what they recommended I fed my ID/TB.

Does anyone else feed this, with good or bad results??

Thanks

sonjafoers

Visit site
Hi, yes I tried it last year with one of mine. Apart from the fact she had to force it down ( and she only did that because she couldn't bear to think someone else was going to eat it! ) she lost a lot of 'bloom' and general wellbeing.

I have to say I've had no success at all with Pure Feeds, my TB refuses to eat it, my cob x hoover really doesn't like it but will eat it at a push and both of them have looked worse for being on it. I've really tried with it because I love the idea of it & Anna at Pure Feeds and I spent some time looking at all the options. I have on more than one occasion tried the Fibre Balance, Working & Condition with no luck at all. I would say over a third of it has gone in the bin!

Hopefully someone who gets on with the feeds will have a more positive reply for you as I do think the ethos behind them is really good.

whizzer

Visit site
Another one who liked the idea... Horse actually ate it & didn't lose the plot,which are both amazing fears in themselves! However was on condition but lost weight & general bloom. Chiro commented on how dry & horrible his skin & coat was.

fizzer

Visit site
Mine have been eating this for about a year now after failing getting them to eat minerals after analysis.

They all eat it and love it. I do add a small amount of Fast Fibre in winter.

LCH611

Visit site
mine are all on Pure Easy and thrive on it despite being fed below recommended levels - I have 3 young connies for have all bulked up without getting fat, an elderly cushings/lammi pony and a baby dartmoor. They also all have lovely coats and fabulous rock crunching feet. One of the connies has a bit of linseed as he doesn't eat as much haylage as the others and I don't want him to lose condition, and I feed mag ox and brewers yeast.

I haven't ever found anything that didn't like it and the elderly one is always desperate to come in & have tea even though he only gets a handful and 1 slice of apple with his pergolide in

picolenicole

Visit site
My cob was reccommended Pure Fibre balance, but it has 10% starch and sugar was a bit to high for my liking (If I'm thinking of the right feed).

Also to get the vits and mins it contains I would have to feed him loads and he is a good doer so I stopped feeding it even though King really did like it. I like the idea behind the feed but it wasn't right for my cob as it would of put more weight on him. So have to feed less and add a supplement anyway.

Bambi.

Visit site
Pretty much everyone at my yard uses it and all love it, I recently started feeding pure balance for my good doer and he's doing well :)

Gem Gill

Visit site
My mare is on pure stud as is her surprise foal, her mate is on pure fibre. My mare looks amazing lovely shiny coat, foal growing really well! Her mate not so good, but a whole lot better than she used to so perhaps that's just her...!

vonno

www.celticqh.com
I have tried their feed, but my horses were not that keen on it. Not sure which one as it was several years ago.

Went back to feeding Total by Primero Equine - this also works out cheaper as the recommended amount is less.

Skyebald

Visit site
Been using their feeds for about 18 months and love them, so do my ponies ... mine have been on fibre balance this winter, with a bit of fast fibre...their coats are glossy and they've kept their weight a little too well :)

ktj1891

Visit site
Been using Pure condition for about 3 months now. My guy is looking heaps better. Coat still has to improve but hoping this will come with warmer weather and spring grass. Hes fed the recommended daily amount and 3 mugs of micronised linseed again. I cannot comment on their other products but the ethos is very good and its a complete feed.

wench

Visit site
Been using Pure condition for about 3 months now. My guy is looking heaps better. Coat still has to improve but hoping this will come with warmer weather and spring grass. Hes fed the recommended daily amount and 3 mugs of micronised linseed again. I cannot comment on their other products but the ethos is very good and its a complete feed.

Mine is on the Pure Easy and seems to be doing well on it...

Although she does get a serving of Baileys outshine three times a week