pussy lumps

6012nickyp

New User
Visit site
My friends Cob has come out in pussy hives all over his body, very sore and lost his appetite. Bloods show nothing other than inflammation. No recent changes to diet or bedding. Been 3 days now. Has anyone any suggestions? A friend suggested an allergic reaction to clipper oil - he was recently clipped. Any advice appreciated! I can’t post a photo as I don’t have permission being only a foal on this forum!

scats

Visit site
My friends Cob has come out in pussy hives all over his body, very sore and lost his appetite. Bloods show nothing other than inflammation. No recent changes to diet or bedding. Been 3 days now. Has anyone any suggestions? A friend suggested an allergic reaction to clipper oil - he was recently clipped. Any advice appreciated! I can’t post a photo as I don’t have permission being only a foal on this forum!

About 20 years ago, a friends cob had the exact reaction- weeping, crusty hives. It was a reaction to the clipper oil.

Casey76

Visit site
Sorry to say that I opened the thread only because of the title :eek:

Anyway, I would agree with your friend that it is a reaction to the clipper oil. Hope the poor boy is feeling better soon.

First Flame

Visit site
Mine had this as a reaction to clipper oil. If the hives are really weepy my vet recommended a light dusting of talcum powder. I only ever use minimal clipper oil now and not the aerosol cans. A cotton sheet next to his skin should help and feeding NAF d-Tox really helped (was trying to avoid a steroid jab).

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site

When we had one come up in hives we had to cold hose him to get bumps down as was trigger by fly bite we think