Putting bubble wrap on my horses hooves

guido16

Visit site
To let me get a bloody nights sleep!!!

They are right next to the house at night and sound like they are all doing river dance!!!! All flipping night!

They muck about all night and the only solution is earplugs, cotton wool to cover the entire yard or flipping bubble wrap on their hooves. Not amused..

Anyone want a house swap?

guido16

Visit site
They only have four shoes between three of them!!!

I swear, the next thing will be that they start throwing stones at the window just to piss me off.....

Went out yesterday morning at 5 am as thought something awful had happened. Oh no!! They all whinny a lovely welcome and stand looking at the bale of haylage to get fed. Butter wouldn't melt.

Anymore of this and my OH will be going out with his 10 bore!!!

Jools1234

Visit site
rubber matting?

remove vocal chords and pad the inside of the stable:rolleyes:

failing that i will swop houses but you will have to pay rent and horses are stables 3 miles away:rolleyes:

guido16

Visit site
They are standing in a gravel covered yard with stables they go in and out of themselves, therefore I won't rubber mat the entire area, that's what the gravel is for.

I will have to invest in earplugs.....

legaldancer

Visit site
Little yellow tack shop sells padded laminitis boots that are like a poultice boot which may help. Think I'd change the gravel for sand too. We can hear people walking up our gravel drive from inside the house.

guido16

Visit site
I have tried all these suggestions so I will get a horse whisperer in, get them matching rugs, be nice haters and then I will get them rebacked, the alternative way, maybe bit less bridles, treeless saddles, plait their manes in a mystical way, sing to them every night and hope that works.

I think it should.

micramadam

Visit site
I have tried all these suggestions so I will get a horse whisperer in, get them matching rugs, be nice haters and then I will get them rebacked, the alternative way, maybe bit less bridles, treeless saddles, plait their manes in a mystical way, sing to them every night and hope that works.

I think it should.

OMG you are the twin of a girl at our yard!

springtime13

Visit site
They need more matchy matchy. Their browbands aren't bling enough and they just must have those eskadron union jack fluffy overreach boots. Sort this and you will get a good nights sleep. Or else PTS.

Jools1234

Visit site
Hang them up in a sling from the rafters..You could set up a system of winches so you could dangle them over the field so no mud either..

love this:D

but if this fails how about getting your really bad farrier (they are all the spawn of the devil you know?) to nails the horses feet ot the floor-no movement, no noise
sorry nothing sensible to ad although Oberon's suggestion seems like a good one

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Do really feel for you as I have one just outside my bedroom window that scrapes her teeth across the door a good part of the night and early morning, hence getting up at 6 to turn out so I can go back to bed and get some sleep.

canteron

Visit site
Swop places with the horses .... they can have the nice carpeted house and you can have straw beds in their stables? Just make sure they don't run up too much of a Sky Sports bill or find any inappropriate internet sites.