Putting the dog in the bath...

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
....is not an experience I ever want to repeat.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

tongue.gif
grin.gif

Patches

Visit site
I bathed Harvey last night. He smells like a ponce now, but all I will say is he's a slippery little sucker when wet!
grin.gif

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
We now have what trendy designers call a 'wet room'
blush.gif

And you should have seen him when he got out, he ran to the door and wodged his head flat against it and just stood like that while I towelled him off.

Wishful

Visit site
I have that pleasure tomorrow. Hopefully he will prefer the whole warm shower thing to the freezing cold hose! Parents don't like smell of dog, so dog gets a bath before he goes to see them! Suspect I will also be soaked, regardless of the plan...

Bossdog

Visit site
LMAO, Boss hates the bath, getting him in is a nightmare (and I'll bet he weighs more than B!), front feet first, then I have to lift the back end in.... once hes in he spends the whole time trying to scramble back over the side and we just both end up soaked. Worth it though once he's dry and skooshed with his "evening primrose" coat conditioner
crazy.gif
grin.gif
...... I think he hates me.

MissJael

Visit site
OH's mum is a dog groomer so I took my 5yr old lab round for the first time a few wks ago - he almost strangled himself getting so worked up in the basin, managed to jump out of it and was generally a nightmare!
He did like being under the nice warm dryer though!

itsme123

Visit site
Rosie hates the bath as I found out last night. I put her into a few inches of warm water to soak her stained paws then put the shower on her. She doesnt try and escape, not like Jack used to, she just stands there shaking and looking at you asif to say "why? what did I do? I'm sorry! I won't do it again!"
laugh.gif

Charmaine18

Visit site
Leah HATES the bath... I wouldn't have the heart to bath her with a hose, I don't think she'd ever forgive me.
tongue.gif
Even in a nice warm bath she stands there trembling, with her eyes bulging and ears flat back, and the minute you take your eyes off her she's trying to climb out. I think I'll try that dry powder shampoo next time she gets pongy - she's got quite short hair so if that works hopefully we won't need to go through the ordeal of bathing any more.
laugh.gif

Poppy's alright to bath - she doesn't particularly like it, and her tail is always between her legs, but at least she stands still and lets you get on with it. She's so easy to lift in and out too... not like my great lump of a Leah.
tongue.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
My dogs all love going in the bath. Every day when we get back from the yard they go in the bath to have their legs and bellies rinsed, and they have a proper wash at least once a month or whenever they're going near non-doggy relatives.

I find it easier to give them a proper wash by taking them in the shower with me but I do realise that is slightly strange behaviour!