"Quad Safe" - not safe ....

silversox

Visit site
Do any of you have a 'Quad Safe' as a secure locking device on your Quad-bikes??

These are quite large, about 3' across, made of steel, yellow in colour, fitted with a padlock and used to immobilise quad-bikes. They are supposed to be completely theft-proof. The salesman said that the only way to remove them without a key was by taking the quad to pieces. Not so.
confused.gif

I went over to the Livery Yard today where I used to live and they are still reeling from a very cheeky/audacious attempt to pinch the quad, a horse-trailer and a quality horse-box.

The culprits had 1) hot-wired the lorry and driven it down a grass track between fields towards a locked road-gate further down the road, and promptly got it stuck in the mud!!
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

2) forced open the quad-safe with a crow-bar, breaking the padlock in the process, hot-wired the quad-bike and towed the trailer with the quad down a different track only to find the lorry, presumably driven by another, was stuck in the way.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

By then the alarm was raised and the police were called but of course they had scarpered by then. If the culprits are who we think they are, then it's just as well they weren't disturbed whilst they went about the business of smashing the ignitions on both vehicles to get to the wires.

I had to agree with the YO when he said he has never been more pleased to have a very wet/muddy patch down there. They must be pretty thick 'cos they know the lay of the land and how much rain we have had. Stands to reason it was going to be pretty wet!!!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

happyhack

Visit site
FFS!!!!

Some ppl really are unbelievable. hope they find the culprits.

It'd be just as easy to get a wheel clamp though too wouldnt it?

silversox

Visit site
Do you mean 'it would be just as easy to get a wheel clamp OFF' ?

Yes, it would. TBH there is absolutely nothing that they will stop at. I've even known horse-thieves remove a complete beautiful Cotswold stone-wall to get to the horses in the field!!