Qualifying BD question...

_jetset_

Visit site
I am getting myself very confused looking in the rule book so was wondering whether someone could help me...

If I qualified Grace for the Winter Regionals at Preliminary and then went and did some Novices (which would take me over the 49 points) would I be unable to attend the Winter Regionals at Novice?

Basically, she has 39 points I think at the moment so I have only been doing Prelim with her (plus she has taken a lot longer than first thought to work consistently). If I did manage to qualify her early on for the winters I would really like to start doing some novices with her but this would take me out of Prelim...

Can you see how I am going around in circles????

BigRed

Visit site
You can always call BD, they are nice people.

I have a friend who has just qualified her horse for the Novice regionals with about 1 point to spare before she had to go into elementary (because she now has too many points to continue competing in novice).

_jetset_

Visit site
Ok, so say this is the scenario:

Qualified Prelim Regionals (Winter) in September 2009
Did some Novices and in October 2009 ended up on 50 points (just Nov)

Could I still go?

And a second question... if I then qualified for Novice Restricted, could I do both???

dressagecrazy

Visit site
Yes as when you qualified you where within the Prelim points.
smile.gif

Are you not going to try for summers though?? Would be lovely to see you & Grace at the Summers.

happihorse

Visit site
Ok, might be about to confuse things here but ...

I thought that you could not complete at two levels at the same championship in the restricted section of each level, but does prelim count in the same way?

I too have the same problem and want to try and qualify at Elem and Medium for the winters, so interesting to see what comes out of this post!

Little_Mare

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that you could not complete at two levels at the same championship in the restricted section of each level, but does prelim count in the same way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Competing in prelim restricted and novice restricted are the exception to this rule (there's is no option to ride prelim open at a championship) and lots of people do this. Of course for novice with elementary (and upwards) the lower level must be ridden in the open section.

_jetset_

Visit site
Thank you Little_Mare, that is where I was getting all muddled up!

smile.gif

I just have to qualify for the winters now... no easy fete with seconditis )