quarter horses

ironhorse

Visit site
I have a QH cross ID/TB

Bet that's an interesting combination Leviathan! How big?

We have a 12 yo grey QH who is a madam but has been a fab competition horse and we love her to bits in spite of/because of her quirky ways.

We also have a gorgeous buckskin 3yo QH who is massive, 15.2 now and still growing.

Totally recommend them, they really keep you on your toes :D

Dancing Queen

Visit site
i have 2. they are so clever! my pair are not frightened of anything but they are only yearlings. and fast as lightening!!

Enfys

Visit site
I have one! a 2 y/o filly by Desired Vision

She is beautiful! and so cleaver, I don't know why it took me so long to get one!

Bimbles off to check out Desired Vision..........and back again, that Sonny Dee Bar certainly had some fun didn't he? Zeus <--- has him on the same line, in fact, most of mine have him hanging around on their first page.

Is yours palomino then?

I knew he was in Wales, just wasn't sure where. They have an absolutely cracking dun colt foal up for sale on the website!

Last edited:

Ally_F

Visit site
Bimbles off to check out Desired Vision..........and back again, that Sonny Dee Bar certainly had some fun didn't he? Zeus <--- has him on the same line, in fact, most of mine have him hanging around on their first page.

Is yours palomino then?

I knew he was in Wales, just wasn't sure where. They have an absolutely cracking dun colt foal up for sale on the website!

Yep She's a Palomino ;) I hear DV is good at making those lol.

Ohh thats good, sounds like she has good blood in her, I've seen your quarters and was going to ask if you had any thoughts on her lines :D She certainly thinks a lot of herself at the moment anyway! :rolleyes:

misst

Visit site
3 yo TB x QH. He is huge - 16.1 and not 3 till September. He looks like a TB but has a QH temprement, very willing, affectionate and a bit of a dobbin most of the time:D

Event rider

Visit site
I compete a palimino Desired Vision as he was a local stallion, one of the best things Ive ever evented :) bit quirky though!!Currently breaking another and guess what?he did it again... another palimino!

ironhorse

Visit site
bit quirky though!!

Yup! Our mare is the crabbiest creature on the planet through the winter but lovely in the summer (well, except when she's in season!); another quirk is that she is perfect to catch 99% of the time but suddenly decides she's not having it - our trainer had to chase her around a 20x20 electric fence pen one day :D; she also has plenty of 'shan't' moments except at a show when she is the most obliging and helpful horse you could wish to meet!

The 3yo is also developing a few quirks - he is incredibly bold, but if he sees something he doesn't like he blows himself out and up like a puffer fish to make himself even bigger LOL!

People think that because they are quiet and sensible they are a good choice for novices, which to a point they are, but you can often find yourself on the receiving end of a 'quarter horse joke' so it's useful to have some experienced help!

misst

Visit site
The 3yo is also developing a few quirks - he is incredibly bold, but if he sees something he doesn't like he blows himself out and up like a puffer fish to make himself even bigger LOL!

Ha ha! ours does the same. Very brave but kind of stalks up to things he is not sure of looking all puffy. He also does have some "shan't/can't moments but after taking a bit of a stand will back down if you insist. He is also very very nosey.

Fairynuff

Visit site
Here's mine-she's a 3 yr old , is by Justa Little Tangy and out of Shining Lolita. Her registered AQHA name is Lolita Little Tangy and she'e in training for this autumns futurity.
24-07-2011005.jpg

24-07-2011001.jpg

24-07-2011011.jpg

Her stable name is 'Madam'............;)

Enfys

Visit site
Fairy, :D, I love this little horse, she is filling out so beautifully, super head and a lovely kind eye as well.

I am really looking forwards to her competition reports, not long now!

Fairynuff

Visit site
Fairy, :D, I love this little horse, she is filling out so beautifully, super head and a lovely kind eye as well.

I am really looking forwards to her competition reports, not long now!

Coming from you, wow, thankyou!!!!! :) :) :)

She's going to a 2 day comp on Saturday-not to compete but to be ridden in the chaos of a comp atmosphere. I can't go as i have an epileptic dog staying for a month and can't leave him :( Will let you know how she goes.

Event rider

Visit site
Dream, bred by Acorn quarter horses, is very bold, esp jumping, hardly touches a pole.Started xcing him last autumn and he placed 1st or close to in almost every hunter trial !He does however explode occasionally in the warm up and gallop round making whale noises :)...

Fairynuff

Visit site
Dream, bred by Acorn quarter horses, is very bold, esp jumping, hardly touches a pole.Started xcing him last autumn and he placed 1st or close to in almost every hunter trial !He does however explode occasionally in the warm up and gallop round making whale noises :)...

LOL! Mine squeeks before she prats around so inbuilt early warning system :D