Quarter marking help!

MickeyFinn22

Visit site
I am very new to showing, but I have had a go with my ID x gelding. I was looking at ways to enhance and highlight his appearance further- but I wondered, is it correct to do quarter marks for a draft type in in-hand showing? He will be doing veteran, part-bred and possibly cob-type (we cant do hunter as he is hogged)! Thank you!

doodle

Visit site
Interested as I am taking my boy to his first showing show. Mw hunter type doing ridden veteran. Might as well start at our big agri show!!

humblepie

Visit site
Probably both would just have simple stripes if showing as a hunter or veteran for want of a better phrase, nothing too fancy - diamonds are really for hacks and show ponies and slightly more fancy stripes for riding horses. If you google on youtube you should find some demonstrations - you don't need any fancy equipment just a decent brush and some water, possibly with a bit of gloss oil if allowed under the competition rules.

MickeyFinn22

Visit site
Probably both would just have simple stripes if showing as a hunter or veteran for want of a better phrase, nothing too fancy - diamonds are really for hacks and show ponies and slightly more fancy stripes for riding horses. If you google on youtube you should find some demonstrations - you don't need any fancy equipment just a decent brush and some water, possibly with a bit of gloss oil if allowed under the competition rules.
Thanks! Would you do shark's teeth as well? That seems to be done a lot on the videos...

MickeyFinn22

Visit site
3 stripes, sharks teeth and round off the bum. YouTube will show you how to in 30 seconds 😂

I get to play with stencils at the races! Thistle, stars, a Fluer de Lyse, an EG (Edinburgh Gin) in all manner of styles! None of which should or would ever grace the show ring!
Nice thank you! Oooh that sounds fun- especially the Edinburgh Gin one!