Quarter sheets...

debsflo

Visit site
I would really like a thermatex type one , any other brands to look at please ,ideally want a grey one. I've not used one before but would prefer this over a sheet that is under the saddle. Do they attach to girth or somewhere else on the saddle ?

Shay

Visit site
If you use the ride on ones they usually lie under the numnah and have loops the girth goes through. On some horses they do slip back - and you can't remove them part way through work. Alternatively you can get the ones that sit behind the saddle but still can't be easily removed during work - they attach to the girth normally. I've never seen one that attached to the saddle anywhere - but we tend to use the cut away ones which can be removed easily.

If you want a thermatex there are no real alternatives. There are cheaper versions but they're not the same. I'm a big fan of thermatex but not so much for quarter sheets. I prefer close knit wool or a waterproof. The thermatex ones get wet through. And all the more of a problem if you can't remove it until you finish work.

ihatework

Visit site
The thermatex quarter sheets are amazing and very easy to remove once you are on board. The attachment on a double flap saddle would attach to the back girth strap.
Doesn't work for a monoflap but with my Wow I just loop strap around stirru leather with no issue

Gsmith

Visit site
I love love love my thermatex quarter sheet. Stays in place, never moves/flaps, easy to remove on board as just goes round the girth straps or stirrup leathers, and also really pretty as I got it in my fave colours, brown with navy binding!

Shay

Visit site
I confess I've only had the ride on ones which you can't remove without getting the saddle off too. I'm intrigued to know you can get the ones behind the saddle off whilst mounted. But I always found they soaked through in rain. Are they now waterproofed too? If so I might be off to get one....

ihatework

Visit site
I confess I've only had the ride on ones which you can't remove without getting the saddle off too. I'm intrigued to know you can get the ones behind the saddle off whilst mounted. But I always found they soaked through in rain. Are they now waterproofed too? If so I might be off to get one....

Well you just undo the strap and pull it off?

No they aren't waterproof, in heavy rain yes they would get soaked.

Charlie007

Visit site
I have a thermatex sheet which you can wrap round your legs as well or ride with it under your legs against the saddle. Velcro at the front so really easy to remove.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I love the horseware ireland fleece exercise rugs they just go under the saddle flap and velcro at the front so you can take them off easily, they do a really nice grey stripe one as well:)

godfreyy

Visit site
The Equo ones look quite good, don't have one personally but have heard a lot of good reviews about them from people that do, and can be made in custom colours too!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I like the look of the Polypad ride-one ones, it looks like a polypad which has been extended to be a quarter sheet (if that makes sense!). They've got them in hi-viz and I must admit to being a bit tempted, perhaps Father Christmas will be generous this year.......

The problem I have is that I ride in a treeless saddle and a lot of the bog-standard quarter sheets are designed for treed saddles :(

I do have an Equafleece quarter sheet (don't think they do them anymore); but it really needs lining as tends to grip onto the nap of the coat and slip backwards, especially on a clipped bum!! Must be very annoying for the horse.