Queens Jubilee Flags and Banners?

Ella19

Visit site
What decorations are you meeting locally? This is our local village that we hack through and I think it's safe to say our horses are now banner and flag proof!

http://www.demotix.com/news/1234072/tiny-surrey-village-prepares-queens-jubilee

We have this all round the local villages and countryside of the Surrey Hills but there are none on the way to work or in my village "just over the hill"

Have you got any and if so have you had any difficulties, or are your horses not bothered either? Even the flappy large flags placed on the road name signs don't bother any of ours, we were really surprised!

Archangel

Visit site
I noticed Albury have gone bonkers :eek: Wouldn't want to try and ride through that lot :D - ha! Just opened your picture and IT IS ALBURY :D:D:D
That lifesize of Queenie made me do a double take.

The lifesize manequins for the open gardens make the dog bark but the horses take no notice.

I noticed silly flags on cars yesterday for the first time - they are a bit of a challenge.

Well done your horses though if they get through Albury without a nervous breakdown :)

rara007

Visit site
We have stuffed versions of the queen, in real life size rather like a scarecrow all round the estate near us :eek: :confused:
I don't usually hack mine as we both find it stressful but since our landy was stolen in the week I had to hack to get to an arena hire, and he didn't look at any of it :cool:

monkeybum13

Visit site
We have stuffed versions of the queen, in real life size rather like a scarecrow all round the estate near us :eek: :confused:
I don't usually hack mine as we both find it stressful but since our landy was stolen in the week I had to hack to get to an arena hire, and he didn't look at any of it :cool:

Several local villages have scarecrow trails for the children, you would think the horses would be scared, especially with a 'cops and robbers' scene with scarecrows climbing over roof tops, horses don't bat an eyelid!

Fransurrey

Visit site
Blimey, I've seen nothing like that! I'll have to take a drive through Albury, now, to check it out! Mind you, I can't see Henry having a problem with that lot. He might look funny at the Queen cut-out, though!

jinglejoys

Visit site
wish I could take Malaga through.We've got nowt except fot the usual two flagpoles outside someones house that always have a union jack and english flag up :)

paddy

Visit site
Looks fun! Ours aren't up yet. OH runs spookbusting clinics though (ex Royal Mews) so I'm not expecting any problems. Sun shining the wrong way on a tree might upset my boy, but flags, tarps, pistols, balloons etc, we're just fine!