Query regarding Qualifications for CCI* for new combination

FlyingCoo

Visit site
Howdy,

Wonder if you knowledgable people can help out there as come a bit stuck in my investigations on behalf of a friend.

Situation is: friend had 7 Qualifying Novice BE runs on her own horse which have been gained between 2010 & 2013 and was aiming to do a CCI1* but horse has now gone on the sick bench. Friend last completed a 1* in 2009.

Another friend has then offered her the ride on a fit and ready to go horse which has done 2 X CCI1*'s the last one being in 2011 and since then has only had a few runs at Novice as he's the 3rd string schoolmaster type of horse!

The question being are they qualified to then enter a CCI1* or have they to qualify together as a combination as can only see from 2* and above it clearly states as a combination and nothing refers to 1* qualification apart from the MER as standard.

Thank you if you can answer this for me!!

popsdosh

Visit site
BE rule 520.1 clearly says that MERs at all levels have to be as a combination.
Even if they qualified prior to this season at the lower requirement you can only use that rule where the original qualification was as a combination.
Hope that helps but they will need to go through the qualification process from the start im afraid.

FlyingCoo

Visit site
Even if they qualified prior to this season at the lower requirement you can only use that rule where the original qualification was as a combination.
Hope that helps but they will need to go through the qualification process from the start im afraid.

Mmm now put us in a state of confusion Popsdosh as just had an email back from British Eventing stating

"Qualifications for CIC1* or CCI1* can be achieved as a Combinations or Separately as each National Federation sets their own requirements for 1* events"

which to me says that they are ok and don't have to be as a combination?? Confused.com!

JAMESTOWN

Visit site
Yes they will be fine. 1* qualifications are all National requirements which don't have to be as a combination (except for junior riders). If you've got the MER table, its only the ones in green (i.e. the FEI requirements) that have to be as a combination

My daughter has just taken over the ride on her brother's horse and their first event together will be a CIC*.

FlyingCoo

Visit site

Have had further clarification from BE that says "Qualifications do not run out" so it seems that they are qualified to enter a 1* so best off to practice the trot up!

Thanks

FlyingCoo

Visit site
Yes they will be fine. 1* qualifications are all National requirements which don't have to be as a combination (except for junior riders). If you've got the MER table, its only the ones in green (i.e. the FEI requirements) that have to be as a combination

My daughter has just taken over the ride on her brother's horse and their first event together will be a CIC*.

Brilliant we kind of thought so but just needed the clarification.
Many thanks and good luck to your Daughter's first run.

FlyingCoo

Visit site
Have got email clarification back from Gemma at the BE office so have one happy hyper rider today after having distraught tears last night thinking her dream wouldn't come true!
Thanks everyone!