Question for A_A

Paul T

Visit site
Giles has gone uncharacteristically quiet for an hour or so. In case he missed my previous question to him, here it is again:

Do you agree with using hounds to chase a stag for over two hours before killing it?

Paul T

Visit site
If someone if determined to kill deer, yes, I'd prefer it if they used dogs to flush deer to guns rather than hounds them for miles on end before killing them.

Paul T

Visit site
You're telling porkies again. You said:

"nOT THAT KEEN TO BE HONEST. i'D LIKE TO SEE MANDATORY REST PERIODS. pLUS THE OPTION FOR THE CHASERS TO STOP IF THEY GET BORED. "

It was a silly answer to a sensible question.

Paul T

Visit site
Sorry if pointing out the truth to Giles gets you uptight. No one's making you visit the thread.

Giles doesn't want to move deer on. No, he's far more interested in seeing his name in the local rag by thinking up silly stunts. You really shouldn't believe all that tosh about there being a valid and sensible reason for doing what he does.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
If as you say there isn't even a valid and sensible reason for doing what I do then surely that's even less of an excuse to break the law.

Oh but of course where we've got to is that actually searching for,stalking, flushing out and chasing deer with a pack of dogs isn't actually illegal anyway.

Paul T

Visit site
You insist you're breaking the law, I say I doubt it very much...and so it goes on, and on, and on.

Look, Giles at least accept that all I've got to go on are your varying claims about what you do. Even you have to admit that it sounds very odd to claim your dogs are chasing deer if they're right beside you.

And no, we haven't got where you claim we have. Could you stop twisting what other people have said to suit your eccentric crusade, there's a good chap?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
They were'nt right beside me they were in front of me, beside me and behind me at different times during the pursuit.

Tell you what Karl next time they chase a deer I'll just let them.

Paul T

Visit site
If you do I'll agree that you should be prosecuted. Of course in doing so you'll demolish any lingering belief that you're concerned about the welfare of deer on your land. But hey, what the f*ck, at long last you may have actually achieved what you've been claiming to do all along.

What an achievement.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Of course I'm concerned about their welfare I want to drive them out of my woodland. Letting the dogs chase them is a damn site better than shooting them. The deer always escape.

They're only pet dogs for god's sake. They've chased deer loads of times, hasn't yours?

Paul T

Visit site
No, I discourage mine from chasing animals.

I can't see how using dogs to drive deer out of your woodland automatically means you're concerned about their welfare. You don't need dogs to frighten deer from your land. Just approach them noisily, that should do it. Alternatively, you don't have to shoot at them - they're really quite timid creatures.

Hercules

Visit site
''Alternatively, you don't have to shoot at them - they're really quite timid creatures.''

The Act says that you do, timid or not. Anyway, AA doesn't shoot any deer. He is a lawbreaker, isn't he mate?

Paul T

Visit site
You're wrong again (no surprise there). The Hunting Act doesn't state you have to shoot deer. There's nothing to stop Farmer Giles making a lot of noise to move them on or even shooting in the air.

I doubt very much he's a law-breaker. It's more accurate to describe him as a harmless fool with far too much time on his hands.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
It states that you can only flush them out with dogs if you use two or less dogs and then shoot them.

Defra say that any dispersal of wild mammals with dogs is hunting.

Hercules

Visit site
Wrong again mate.

From Schedule 1 of the Hunting Act when stipulating the requirements of flushing:

(7) The fifth condition is that-

(a) reasonable steps are taken for the purpose of ensuring that as soon as possible after being found or flushed out the wild mammal is shot dead by a competent person

Paul T

Visit site
Yawn.

The Hunting Act does not state you have to shoot deer.

I've already said that courts will determine what is and isn't flushing out under the terms of the Act. I doubt very much that what you are doing breaches it.

Paul T

Visit site
You really are a prize pillock. I wasn't talking about flushing out; I said the Hunting Act doesn't state you have to shoot deer.

It will be up to the courts to determine what is flushing out under the Act and I doubt very much that what Farmer Giles is doing is illegal.

Hercules

Visit site
''The Hunting Act does not state you have to shoot deer.''

It states that for hunting to be exempt ANY non exempt species that has been flushed, should be shot as soon as possible.

Simple really mate.

Paul T

Visit site
You really are a prize prat. I wasn't talking about flushing out; I said the Hunting Act doesn't state you have to shoot deer.

It will be up to the courts to determine what is flushing out under the Act and I doubt very much that what Farmer Giles is doing is illegal.