Question for loan or buy??

popeyesno1fan

Visit site
I had advertised as looking for a 13.2hh on loan, got a call last week from a family who wanted to loan there pony. delighted. now, I got a call to say that friends of theirs said they should sell, so now looking for 2500 euro, which i dont have... so dissapointed... any advice..... PLEASE!!!!!!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The only thing that you can do is explain that you are looking to loan, not purchase and that you would like to loan the pony. If they say that they wont loan, then you have to say 'no thank you' to this pony.

SpruceRI

Visit site
No advice anyone can give other than to keep looking for another loan or consider buying your own.

Loaning a horse/pony is such a risky business that a lot of people are rather averse to doing it. Plus, the horse can get ruined or chucked back at the most inconvenient moment.

Selling is often a better option.

becca1305

Visit site
I don't think theres a lot you can do tbh, they changed their mind it unfortunately happens. Had you tried the pony? as if not you may not have liked him/ her anyway. I would just contact them to say you arent in a position to buy but if they change their mind again and want to loan please get in touch? Chin up, hopefully your advert will get more responses :)

Suzie G

Visit site
We sold our pony to someone we know. He was in tip top condition when he left us and now he's fat and unfit and flying towards getting lami.

No way would I ever loan as u never know what is going to happen to them that u will have to sort out when u get it back.

From a loaners perspective, u cud put a lot of work into a pony only to have it taken back to sell when uve improved it.

I would save up and buy buy buy.

navaho

Visit site
We sold our pony to someone we know. He was in tip top condition when he left us and now he's fat and unfit and flying towards getting lami.

No way would I ever loan as u never know what is going to happen to them that u will have to sort out when u get it back.

From a loaners perspective, u cud put a lot of work into a pony only to have it taken back to sell when uve improved it.

I would save up and buy buy buy.

yet if you had loaned you could have got your Pony out of that situation. Sadly its now sitting there with a death sentence hanging over its head. Not really sure why you used it as an example.