Question for Ovidius

Spanishlover

Visit site
I am slightly puzzled that you mention your qualification for the C & T championships in your own words

I qualified Prelim and Elementary

and again

However my lad is the same, schooled to PSG,

That is it really fair that your are competing a horse that has won points at Advanced Medium and in your words schooled to PSG level in PRELIM unaffiliated competitions????

I appreicate that some riders buy a schoolmaster to teach them however if you are at the level to compete Elem level is it appropriate to also compete prelim.

Don't mean to get anyones back up but its my pet hate rosette grabbing and can anyone here justify a horse schooled to PSG competing in prelim?

Taboo1968

Visit site
The horse has not competed for two years and is therefore eligible to compete at that level as we are a new combination.... this was checked with C&T thoroughly before I even participated in the class and registered with them.... And we are riding in the Open Section. The horse may well school at PSG.... The rider doesn't!!! (the rider has quite happily bumbled around at Prelim/Novice level for 11 years now - and is finding riding in Elementary a challenge!)
Believe me, it is not rosette grabbing at all considering we are coming out with percentages around 60%, we are beaten by a lot! (in fact one of our last tests was 49.2%!!!) Would be classed as pot hunting if I had ridden him and gained those points at Advanced Medium, however AM is a very very distant dream!
Looking back I see that you also replied to a post made by a friend about attending Keysoe and that you could not go because of problems with a saddle? And I can happily say "that friend" wiped the floor with me at Novice and Elementary level!

Taboo1968

Visit site
Forgot to add.... horse if registered again with BD would only be banded at elementary level due to the amount of points he has, which still leaves us a long way to go before he moved up another level.....
So unless rider becomes a genius overnight, I dont think there is any fear of us getting loads of rosettes just yet!

mat

www.atmosphere-equestrian.com
Also, just because a horse is schooled at that level by a professional dressage rider, it doesn't mean that the horse schools easily at that level.
I have ridden horses that are schooled at GP level, but my Novice horses do some of the movements more easily than these horses..
What gets me is when I see a rider qualify her horse for the AM regionals, and then proceed to get qualified for the medium, elementary and novice on the same horse!!! this takes qualification away from horses that are truly trained to novice, and i found it very irritating. (I wont mention names)

Good luck at the CandT champs Ovidius!
tongue.gif

Taboo1968

Visit site
Thanks Mat! However after thinking about what has been written above - Yes I stated that the horse qualfied at Prelim and Elementary - BUT..... where did I say I was actually competing in the Prelims?? I didn't!

I understand that your horse is also schooled to a very high level from your previous posts? However from what I can gather, you also intended competing at an unaffiliated event but H/C??? Maybe we shall come across each other at the same venue sometime? Will be interesting as I like a bit of competition to spur me on!

_jetset_

Visit site
I am just starting to compete my young horse in Prelim unaffiliated, and I have to admit I would find it quite frustrating if someone was competing a more advanced horse in that class, BUT only if the rider was riding at a more advanced level.

I have ridden a GP horse, and it was not easy, let me tell you! We could have gone out and done a very nice elementary together, but I would have never have been able to do an AM with her because I am not up to that level.

Taboo1968

Visit site
Are you really Matt???? What hair dye did you use? Are you satisfied with the tone of colour - do hope it doesn't clash with merlin????

Taboo1968

Visit site
OMG Dont you dare put pink bandages on him, he is far too superior to wear pink!!! However Purple is ok!! Odie has a really nice purple rug!!!!! Just seen news about first foalie!! You were meant to ring me you blonde bombshell!!!

Taboo1968

Visit site
I'll have to speak to his lordship (OH not the horse) and see when we can get down..... It will have to be after riding the over qualified horse at the C&T!!! LOL!!!