Quick condition check

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Mim has a tendency to be on the “well” side so I am very careful with her weight. She’s looking lighter this year than she has in previous years but is in (light) work now, having been backed. My brain says she needs more muscle rather than more feed but I’m not used to seeing her so light in spring.

Today:

BB91215F-E1DE-45C6-ABE5-DA3D7B169FE8.jpeg

20 May 2020:

4453EFF6-8BD5-4681-ADED-35A92329A8AE.jpeg

25 May 2019 (eta, fat here but was on someone else’s yard with limited management control for us)

0F5729C7-4735-44F5-8D56-748457FD8CD6.jpeg

She is fed a handful of chaff with some brewers yeast and ground chaste berries, once a day. She gets hay if she’s in (usually 8 hours if during the day or 10 hours if at night) but that’s usually a couple of times a week. She’s out on a track system otherwise which I’ve kept quite low but it’s well covered with grass and dandelions.

paddi22

Visit site
I wouldn't worry, she looks great! all my gang came out of winter this year much lighter than they usually do but they are all filling out now. with a bit of muscle she will transform, but I def wouldn't be worried, it's been a long weird winter and she'd better being on the light side than heavy.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Have reported the post that bumped this.

However, since it wasn't that long ago, I think she looks great LG. She looks like she has a lovely big rib cage so it is good/normal that you can see quite a few of them in the right light. I would mark her slightly below average on a condition score, but only from a lack of muscle pov. But once the work you're doing with her starts to bring her core together and put some muscle on her neck then she will be perfect.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
She looks a great weight for this time of year to me.