Quick hoof boot and feather question

Nudibranch

Visit site
Unfortunately I think the Dales is going to need occasional booting so am thinking of buying her some Easyboot Gloves but wasn't sure how the straps work with a lot of feather?
I've used Cavallos for years with different horses very successfully so will just go back to them if the Gloves won't work. I do prefer boots that don't fit above the coronet, but think the Gloves give a better breakover so would like to try if possible.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
so welsh feather was fine, never an issue with a bit of it tucked in
Gloves and back countrys are interchangeable/same shell so that might be a different option if you prefer the cavallo style but the glove shell fits well.

Its a while since I looked but am sure when I did you could buy the alternative bits to make your glove a backcountry and vice versa.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I couldn't use Scoots with my boy, but he has gypsy cob feather and huge heels. You might be ok with a Dales as the feathering is much lighter. I'm now using Swiss Galoppers in the L version, although I had to buy the larger straps - again because of the feather!!

MrsNorris

Visit site
I’ve got scoots size 9s on my fully feathered traditional, his feet are massive and they only just fit. According to the size chart, his feet are too big, but he can just squeeze into them. The feather isn’t an issue, it just goes over the boot, and the straps are easily long enough to go around everything.

paddy555

Visit site
Ah that's helpful to know as I am trying to work out whether she should have an 8 or a 9 but 8 would sound more sensible if they come up big.

can I suggest you order both and send one back. I always order 3 or 3 sizes of scoots as until they are on you don't know which is going to be the best fit. I have also found it better to order the actual boots rather than the fit kit. Once you do up the fasteners you can get a better idea.