Quick Horse Behaviour Quiz

gfb110g

Visit site
Hi,

I’m very interested in the way horses behave and I believe a lot of their behaviour can easily be misunderstood so for my college assignment I have compiled a very short Behaviour Quiz to see if I can get some useful data.

I would be very grateful if anyone could spare me a couple of minutes to complete and submit the quiz as it may get you thinking and while away a spare moment.

As with my last quiz (about worming) I will post the answers and report people’s choice of answers, on a percentage basis, after the quiz closes.

I am also, this time, allotting a point system so you can see how well you have done!

It’s a Google Form Quiz and is entirely anonymous, requiring no personal details and is in a very quick multi choice form.

Last year’s Wormer Quiz proved very popular with participants so hopefully you will also enjoy this Horse Behaviour version.
The quiz is now live, accepting responses and will remain so for two weeks.

To log onto it just use this link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...QcaGCs1r4JOnefyRBQZwLbJA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you for your time.

xgemmax

Visit site
I have done it, however not sure on my answer to Q5, I would have said that the answer was that he was tired from 2 rounds in the morning and waiting around all day for the evening class. however I put that he was being lazy due to it being familiar

Merrymoles

Visit site
I put no to number 6 because I am pretty confident I understand a number of behaviours but horses throw so many things at you that I would never say I was very confident!

fburton

Visit site
Done. But found the options very limited.
Ditto. I was forced to say I was unsure of the answer in a couple of questions, to avoid committing to an answer which could conceivably have been right but which I was very doubtful about.

(I am 100% sure I got one question right though - the one about age. ;) )

gfb110g

Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for helping me out by doing the quiz. I found it very difficult to create these questions and answers because there can be variables but if you read the question well I think it will give you more clues! Regarding discussion of possible answers I will let you know what G.T.O Syndrome is when the quiz is closed as if I let you know now it will assist others completing the quiz later. Please get your friends to have a go at it but let them submit their own version of the answers individually before talking about it! Thanks again everyone.

fburton

Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for helping me out by doing the quiz. I found it very difficult to create these questions and answers because there can be variables but if you read the question well I think it will give you more clues! Regarding discussion of possible answers I will let you know what G.T.O Syndrome is when the quiz is closed as if I let you know now it will assist others completing the quiz later. Please get your friends to have a go at it but let them submit their own version of the answers individually before talking about it! Thanks again everyone.

So there are correct answers? I look forward to the inevitable debate when you spill the beans in due course. :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
So there are correct answers? I look forward to the inevitable debate when you spill the beans in due course. :)

Am very 'Meh' about there being correct answers available, when anything with horses has multiple ways of dealing or coping and many different strategies.

Shame there wasn't an option of: I know what I would answer but the option wasn't available in the above selected answers.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have done it, however not sure on my answer to Q5, I would have said that the answer was that he was tired from 2 rounds in the morning and waiting around all day for the evening class. however I put that he was being lazy due to it being familiar

You could have also said that the rider was tired and therefore wasn't focused, so they didn't ride the horse to best advantage or perhaps the horse was tired.
Neither option available, but both very valid reasons :)

LeneHorse

Visit site
Done but I think there are more options to some of the questions. Eg question 5 my first thought was 'Ace is tired and hacked off and just wants to go to bed rather than jump another round'.
I also don't know what G.T.O syndrome is but I suspect my horse may have G.T.F syndrome :)

hobo

Visit site
I answered what I thought was correct for the question asked. If you asked me why my carefully produced home bred mare is such an arse I would have said I do not know!!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'm another who answered a couple of the questions as "I don't know" because I didn't agree with the available options, even though I did know what I thought the reason was.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
May I ask the source of your "correct" answers? Are these for actual case studies, where the "correct" answer was discovered over time, following careful observation and alternate strategies being employed, or are they imagined scenarios, where someone believes that they have deduced what the "correct" answer should be?

meleeka

Visit site
I answered what I thought was correct for the question asked. If you asked me why my carefully produced home bred mare is such an arse I would have said I do not know!!

I wanted to tick the "because she's a chestnut mare" option on one of them, but realise that's probably not the correct answer.

turnbuckle

Visit site
Done, but I think the only value will be in seeing how thick some of the responses were.

In every case far more information would be needed to even get close to the likely answer.

Sorry to be negative :(