Quick ODE report

I_A_P

Visit site
Average day really.

Was not expecting too much in the dressage as was PN112 with serpentine and quite a bit of canter and then serpentine not great for the balance!! Got 7's for entries and finsih though LOL
Bit awkward in the warm up for a while then went quite nicely Ended on 37.1, best score in my class was 32.6 worst was mid 40's so not too bad but masses of room for improvement.

SJ- he is always wiggly at this venue for some perculier reason and then found he had a split mouth so took it easy...but true to form he went into wiggly mode and seemed a bit all over the place (altho on film he looks okay) unusally for him we got a few dud strides and had 2 down. to be honest it probably was partly due to his mouth and he kept pulling me down which made it hard work!

XC was all round the intro with a big PN trakehner and a few other PN fences and combinations so well up to height. Was really annoyed as wanted to practise my 450mpm speed but then found out it was 435mpm, added to this was the fact it was very slippy and boggy in places and all he wanted to do was put his nose on the floor and i lost a bit of steering at the end aiming for the finish (had to trot the last 100m
tongue.gif
)(again probably due to his mouth) which didnt give the best feeling! So got 8 time pen. but most people did as it was hard to judge.

Ended up 15th out of 30 something people so not too bad really.
In summary dressage ok, sj out of sorts possibly due to mouth and xc very bold and keen but sore mouth/him pulling down and bad going slowed us down!)

Might put some stills up later but don't really have very good footage apart from of dressage!!

dixie

Visit site
Your sounding a bit down Fran? Its really not a bad result. It wasn't that long ago the thought of doing an Intro was too much. Now you are going round easily with a few PN fences to boot. After all this is what eventing is all about - trying to get all 3 phases right on the same day! Well done.
smile.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
No i am pleased...just i wish i could have gone for them time a bit more (not to win) but just to get a good judge of how we are speed wise. And i don't like to think of him as uncomfortable in his mouth. However i am really pleased with him and am going to enter another intro now, so he will have two booked up
smile.gif

Only a quick report which may sound a bit down as i am at work *naugthy fran*

Merlotmonster

Visit site
Well done, keep at it- sounds like you have a lovely horse there. My old event mare used to get a sore mouth when she was younger and it would split so easily, despite trying to be as gentle as possible with her. I used to pad the side of her bit with vet wrap when jumping which did help- as she got older it did get better.

I_A_P

Visit site
It is the first time its happened and to be hoenst i did not ride him any "firmer" than usual....but we had issues turning right LOL after a while he was going lovely.

Its just a matter of keep going out, probably doing some BSJA next weekend.