Quick poll... turnout

What do you do?

• Total voters

Gingernags

Visit site
Ours are still out 24/7 until it gets really wet or really cold.

I don't want to bring them in as my stable has gone from this...
Photo-0305_000.jpg
#

To this... and I will cry when the walls get poohed up!!!!
Photo-0330_006.jpg

Photo-0324_000.jpg

miamibear

Visit site
Ours came in about 2 weeks ago we had a really wet night and brought them in and comitted to it ever since and they are still out during the day, when the weather and ground gets too sloshy we will be bringing them in full time and grab a couple of hours turnout when we can get it! Hopefully every day this year!!
grin.gif

fairhill

Visit site
That stable is far too nice to have a horse in it.

YO made all ours stay in overnight from 2 weeks ago - although mine were the only ones still out by then.

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Ours are now in at night, but will be out during the day throughout the winter unless the weather is too grim. We have fantastic grass at the moment - can't remember an autumn when the fields have looked so good at this time, so here's hoping it will take a bit longer for them to deteriorate to the usual boggy mess!

riotgirl

Visit site
My Welshie comes in at night as I cannot trust her in a field overnight without anyone to check on her (she has a habit of getting out/tangled/stuck/etc). In the winter she comes in about 7pm, in the summer about 11pm. My old girl gets to roam about the field at night but also has a stable to come in if she chooses (she usually comes in for a few hours for a lie down).

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Never keep ours out 24/7. Always bring them in at night for a feed. Right now they are still out during the day - when they're not being ridden that is - but very very soon will be trying to rest our fields and stop them getting too churned up so the horses will get a couple of hours everyday unless the weather is completely appaulling and then they'll stay in.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Mine came in last night too. It had rained so much over the weekend and yesterday afternoon it was horrendous. We were hoping to hold out until the end of the month but it was not to be.

x_Hannah_x

Visit site
younguns out 24/7 unless in emergencies, and also competed thro winter, suits them just fine!

Oldie comes in at night, routine is the same regardless of weather, just the way it is for him and it suits him down to the ground
laugh.gif

S_N

Visit site
As a rule, they are out 24/7, but on Friday night they came in for the night. It had been raining heavily ALL day and they were miserable.

SillyMare

Visit site
Clipped out a couple of weeks ago (I'm too lazy for hairy horses) so they are in at night.

Could probably be out though - they have good rugs and it is warm enough - just seems wrong when they are clipped out.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Ha! I sorted my boxes out yesterday ready to bring them in at night cos the weather's been long term rain all week and lo and behold, it's been nice ever since so they've stayed out! At least the boxes are done now and hope I can last another couple of weeks, will make the winter shorter!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Mine are out 24/7 and one is clipped. I check him and he is as warm as toast in his rug and neck cover. He has not lost any weight. They will come in when it gets really miserable.

hussar

Visit site
Not just you, Snowberry - mine stay out 24/7 and cause much muttering amongst my friends as they're both Arabs and are supposed to be softies. Not a bit of it - they wintered out last year for the first time and absolutely thrived. Ad lib hay and a field shelter (which they rarely used), plus good rugs and two feeds a day and they were happy as Larry. Didn't even get mud fever.

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Axey is out 24/7 at the moment and wasn't rugged up until today!
We were hoping to keep our 2 out until the middle of november as Axey's field mate's owner is on holiday for a fortnight and I don't want to have to muck out 2 while she's away!
however they both came in for 2 nights last week when it was raining non stop, and now their field has flooded they might have to come in sooner
frown.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
My Irish horse is out 24/7 despite having a full clip. He has a thick rug and hood and I hope he will stay out all year. My Dutch mare goes out all day in nice weather but has to be rescued pretty quickly if it rains as it either trys to break a leg or shivers and shakes - I guess it's how they are brought up!

frannieuk

Visit site
I've been bringing mine in at night for about a month now, mainly cos my fields are very wet and its an attempt to prolong the mud-free-state - losing the battle after this week of rain though!
crazy.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Mine can have 4 hours out during the day but they stay in 24/7 because the track down to the field is knee deep in mud and around the gateway which is a b!tch to open with one horse never mind 2.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
my horses out all night but come in during the day. This is because of limited stabling at my yard, but they have some nice rugs and quite enjoy being out anyway.