Quick poll... turnout

What do you do?

• Total voters

Erray

www.mullponytrekking.co.uk
All mine are out 24/7 year round with no rugs and no field shelter (smilies don't work but shocked)
They do have 100s of acres to go at with plenty of gorse to shelter in, are all fat as pigs and have never had a problem with mud fever rainscald etc. Plus they are all natives and are in very little or no work during the winter. Very happy ponies!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Mine were in last year over the winter but this year we are going to try them out 24/7, the one and only reason being that I am starting ivf in december/january and if I do (fingers crossed) fall pregnant I won't be able to muck out each day and it won't be fair on them to have them in now and then chuck them out half way through the winter. The other liverys are out 24/7 anyway and if I don't get down there by 7.30 then my mare is kicking the hell out of the stable door!!!

I still have my reservations but they have field shelters and more rugs each than Robinsons so they should be fine
grin.gif

Faithkat

Visit site
Nope, my AngloArab is out 24/7 with no rug on (and she's preggie)!! I can't speak for the rest of the country but here it hasn't dropped below double figures at night and it's still 17-18 degrees during the day. I noticed loads of horses rugged up on my way to work this morning . . what on earth are people going to do when it gets cold, for heaven's sake. It might be the end of October but the temperatures are more like August so why rug them???????

Fiona

Visit site
Wow - v smart newly painted bedroom. Bet horsie poohs against the wall the very first night is in though. Makes me feel guilty I didn't do ours.

My three came in at night a fortnight ago.

Fiona

Dogbetty141

Visit site
My TB came in around 15th October and he has only been going out through the day and in at night even in summer and they are not out at all in winter apart from the horendous muddy winter turnout which is horrible so he only really goes out in that once a week. To stretch his legs mainly. Is that bad? To be honest he works a lot better when he is in, a bit on his toes but easier to handle as in summer he likes being a lazy donkey.

Tempi

Visit site
both mine are out every other day as my turnout is limited (due to the fact that YO has given me a piddly little field that isnt big enough for a flea let alone two large horses
mad.gif
)

If i had the choice they would both go out everyday but uncoperative YO isnt helping my situation. id never leave either of them out at night tho except in the summer when its too hot to turnout during the day.