Quick question re food intolerances and timescales?

LauraBR

Visit site
Does anyone know how long dermatitis type food intolerance symptoms can take to show up? Our beautiful little JRT has been shedding a lot more fur than usual over the last few weeks, we put it down to the warm weather or something but it has now reached the point where you can start to see some of the brown markings on her skin through her white coat so clearly not normal levels of hair loss.

We changed her food so something more suited to her (or so we thought) after our other dog died 9 weeks ago, it only just occurred to me that it could be the culprit (considered stress of losing her doggy companion too, but to be honest she seems rather happy to be a queen bee only-dog :rolleyes:).

I frontlined her early about 3 weeks ago having noticed her scratching more than usual so I suppose that is when we first noticed any symptoms, 6 weeks after the food change.

She is booked in to the vets anyway (better safe than sorry) but just wondered if anyone had experienced similar symptoms over a similar time scale, or whether you'd expect reactions to food to be quicker than that?

s4sugar

Visit site
Could be food, stress, external plants, anything really. Negative changes usually show up withing a few weeks.

What food did you change from & too?