quick question

pixiebee

Visit site
is it fair for a sharer to sign this??

confused.gif

I have a sharer for my horse, she pays a token amount towards his costs but feel it is fait to expect half the excess should i need to make a claim on the insurance. I did think about doing it whilst under her casre, whilst under mine etc but how do you know if he comes out the field lame one day or something?????

pixiebee

Visit site
13) The OWNER has the HORSE insured with KBIS, the OWNER has agreed to pay this insurance premium monthly. Should a claim for injury/illness on this insurance be necessary, the SHARER agrees to pay half of the excess as stated on the insurance. (£125.00) The SHARER agrees to pay £62.50 towards this. Should a claim for third party liability occur under this insurance, the SHARER agrees to pay half towards the excess (£250). The SHARER agrees to pay £125 towards this.

zeuscleoharmony

Visit site
Oh, not sure what is right or wrong on this one but personally, and I have a sharer, he is my horse, I pay the insurance premiums and I would pay the excesses. Ultimately, he is my responsibility. (My sharer has her own rider insurance plus extras which she pays).

pixiebee

Visit site
have just had a look at personal rider insurance, so have changed the contract, i will pay the excesses etc but have put the sharer must have her own personal rider insurance which covers 3rd part liability and emergency vets fees for the horse she is riding-petplan offera good one. seems fairer that way!