Pictures Quick update on Rose

oldie48

Visit site
Having a gelding companion has two benefits, I think, Rose seems back to her affectionate self, she'd become a bit stand offish when she was turned out with Millie, and it is very clear when she is in season but her seasons don't seem to change her behaviour. I hacked her out on her own to meet up with a friend this qW4YqBBgFOEsbiCsQa4H2XS4YEvHHBZATSl9Yb8Ny9i256mxWNu_QYeaxEzX1hoHbJqKMbj7AyF4d9d-CNUdTrZXNtC2ar...jpgmorning. First time I've left home on my own with her, first time leaving the new pony and she's def in season. She stood nicely for me to mount and marched down the drive without hesitation. My neighbours are doing some groundworks so there was a lot to look at but she was faultless. We had a hack round the lanes, accompanied for part of the time, met lots of traffic and farm machinery and pigs. I'm not sure she's seen a lot of sheep and we have lots round here, so having pulled in on a single track lane to let the Tesco van go past, she nearly put me under it when a couple of lambs startled her but I'm now aware of that and will be a bit more careful in future. All in all, another thing checked off the list, she's really very nice to hack. Pic of her feeding her face after the hack, she looks very different to the mare I bought in November and I'm going to have to watch her weight, I think!

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
shes gorgeous! Well done on the hack, sounds like a great achievement.
Time to settle in and enjoy them with her now, she sounds like a great mare.

oldie48

Visit site
She is lovely and sounda a nice sensible mare. Enjoy the spring and summer.
Thanks, I am a very cautious rider and hate hacking on my own so it was a big step to take her out this morning. I have hacked her in company and she's been fine, just bright to hack if it's the first time in an area. I'd love to use our local common which goes up onto the Malvern Hills but I'm not quite there yet. Perhaps later in the summer?