Quicky update...

BBs

Visit site
Just got back from a super morning from Addington.
Left just after 8am, Snoop loaded first time, and off we went. Arrived to find only 2 other lorries there!!
I had pre-entered and leisurely walked course before tacking up. It was single phase and a course of 12 fences.
There was everything in there, ready for the derby tomorrow including logs and water tray. We even had a water tray in the BN to my suprise.
Well i tried my new way, no spurs and no martingale......

He warmed up well a little tense like usual, was very up for it. Got him soft and responsive and he was jumping well.

Suzy popped his back tendon boots on and i jumped another fence before being called in.

No one had gone clear, and i wasnt there for time. So i went in, he went to take a hold and i then worried if i had done the right thing not riding with a martingale
crazy.gif
but i flexed him and he responded and popped the first lovely, the second was right next to the entrance but he flew that and the 3rd. The 4th was situated next to a log but snoop didnt bat and eyelid and flew thew the combi but put in two strides instead of one, but he made every effort to not hit it.
Next two fences and then on to the jump off. He was super, flew the rest of the course including the water tray and came home clear
smile.gif

We watched a further 5 horses get eliminated or fences down, there wasnt huge numbers around 35 in the class.

We finished 8th
frown.gif
they placed to 7th... typical
smirk.gif
but the boy went clear and has now his first DC YAY!

YO was thrilled and wants me to go back tomorrow, but understands that jumping xc type fences might have the counter effect before next weeks PN.

So a very happy BBs who is now running late and should be at Tigers Eyes place in 30 minutes
crazy.gif

Will post video later

Vxx

H-J

www.piczo.com
Well done. So it seems no spurs or martingale did the trick!
smile.gif

Will you ride him like that in your PN next weekend?

Nice when you solve a problem isnt it! By just changing simple things
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Well done......but tell me you didn't wear your skull cap as well........typical bl**dy eventer
tongue.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

poggio

Visit site
oh well done, good boy snoops
laugh.gif
!

Rambo - I alllllways wear my skull cap complete with BE tag, you can see the eyes rolling as I ride past the 'showjumpers' in the warm -up! hehe

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done......but tell me you didn't wear your skull cap as well........typical bl**dy eventer
tongue.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif
crazy.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
what do you think lol

Thanks everyone, ive put the vid in the gallary.

Whispa

Visit site
Hi

Sounds like Snoops was a star and prefers the less is more approach to his tack! Sounds a tough course for BN though - although good for Snoop's education. So pleased to hear all went well and fingers crossed for next week's PN.

Take care.
T