Quite a few questions, if you can answer one of them I am happy !

SeasonalSituation

Visit site
Well I have a few questions swirling around my head, and I know you lovley people are more knowledgeable then anyone. SO....

1.) Teething, Darcey (18 weeks) is teething badly right now, and she isn't dealing too great with it. She's a wuss, any way I can help her along (not pulling teeth out mind, ice cubes and the sort?)

2.) For a whippet, what size/weight would anyone expect them to be by this age, as I am worried she seems underdeveloped?

3.) Raw diet, first where can I start researching it and what age would I be looking at putting them on to it?

4.) Reed (16 weeks) is a clever one, we have sit, down, stay and come, what useful things should I be teaching her now? I don't want to overload her mind. Darcey on the other hand is still struggling with down.

4.) I keep having the idea of getting another when they are a bit older, not set it stone, but I think I am being daft but would it be better to get two not just one as darcey and reed are so tightly bonded?

Thanks in advance guys, I'm sure i have more questions, but if anyone answers I'll be happy :)

Foxyfilly

Visit site
You can start with a raw diet immediately, chicken wings would be a good start.

Whippets come in all different sizes, maybe she is a smaller type?

10 minutes training a day is enough at this age and use really tasty treats.

They are both very close in age, so will be tightly bonded.

I would also train and walk separately on the odd occasion.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
As regards the teething lots of chews,kongs filled with peanut butter/primula and put in the freezer. Raw carrots are also good as is those nylabone things again you can put them in the freezer. Also raw bones but none weight bearing.

I have 3 dogs 2 are siblings and will be 3 in Feb and 1 puppy who is 8months old, the older dogs are still very young themselves so have been very accepting of the puppy. The older dogs as they have always been together as puppies have a very strong bond but the pup has intergrated herself very well with them.