Racehorse killed in motorbike accident - RIP Quizzene

Scarlett

Visit site
Just clicked on the story thats flashing above about a racehorse being killed in a motorbike accident and to my horror its one of the horses from the racing yard that my racing club is based.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/284521.html

Quizzene was new on the yard and everyone was very, very excited to have such a classy horse on the yard. Eastbury Cottage Stables is a small yard where the horses become part of the family - I have 3 of their ex-racehorses - and I know that will be very upset by whats happened. I have hacked the horses up and down that road many times and cannot imagine how horrible it must have been.

RIP Quizzene. What a sad thing to have happened.

air78

www.ctwequine.com
That's so sad Scarlett
frown.gif
Condolences to all his connections, it must have been a terrible shock.

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
Terrible, poor little boy.

This happened to me the other day on the A30 when loads of harley type bikes drove passed me. They werent going fast but at the same time they didnt stop when Romeo was terrified............

Scarlett

Visit site
The owners live locally and are very involved with all their horses, visiting almost daily, such a shame.

He was a lovely horse, big grey who looked like he could go round Badminton.
frown.gif

Racing_Gal

Visit site
So sad
frown.gif
I dont know what else to say, it's just so sad. Something has to be done about the speed of traffic on country roads
frown.gif

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
Those same Harleys stay at a country park near where we live, its a yearly thing and hundreds decend on the area, the noise they make is awfull, we tend not to ride the roads when they are here, even if they do go slow horses still get worried because they tend to travel in groups of 20 or more.
Poor owners and all involved, so sad.

Wigglypigs

Visit site
Hey L, thats really really sad. I cant imagine how scary it must have been for the people involved and for the poor horse. Surely the organisers of the motorbike event could have warned the riders about the posibiliy of horses in the areas and also informed the local yards of the event.
it all just seems so avoidable.....
x

Ezme

Visit site
Horrible. During FMD I was exersizing a friends hunter and EXACTLY the same thing happened. Around 50 bikes, none of which slowed down. Somehow I managed to stay in the plate, I nor friend can belive I stayed on, but me and horse were jibbering wreck all the way back. We were lucky. Poor Quizzene

stroppymare153

Visit site
QR

this is an awful story and my heart goes out to all Quizzene's connections.

but at the same time - the bikes were on a public road and everyone is entitled to enjoy their hobbies in the countryside. There is no mention in the article that the bikes were speeding - if the horse was on a track parallel with the road, they may not even have been aware of it - and no mention of what happened to the unfortunate motorcyclist who the horse ran into! If the horse was spooked by the noise of the motorbikes, what would have happened if a couple of police cars had gone past, sirens and blue lights going full blast?