Racehorse to Riding horse

Peglo

Wow so many lovely TB’s here! Can’t wait to hear how you get on. (This is not helping my want for another one 😍).

my ex racer is old now. 26 in February although been retired nearly 5 years. She raced until 6.
I think she got passed around a lot before I got her, a lot of names on her passport and my farrier said she was in a poor state when she came to the islands. When I went to view her she was very subdued. Some turnout with the ponies helped her come out of her shell… a lot!! 😂 she has started my love of TB’s although she’s never been the most popular horse and all my friends dislike the breed 🙄 I just think they are stunning and so athletic

best of luck all with your lovely equines. 74F96C6D-511B-4657-9DDD-7D0FAABD2153.jpeg
here is my rather grumpy but lovely Flo.

I have Henry who is a 2013 tb. He raced twice and was too slow so he retired and I bought him at 3.

we started out with the intention of eventing, and had 2 seasons at the lower grades which we enjoyed but we were both a bit stressed by. This year we will focus on show jumping which he is much happier doing, with a bit of dressage thrown in too.

He is a lovely boy, very easy to do everything with and was lovely to retrain. I am working on building his muscles and strength back up after the better part of the year off, and he has been so easy to bring back into work. He was also the first horse I rode after having my baby.
57C2762E-BC72-453C-9754-176408225CBF.jpeg 00CAAB51-F984-42E1-90F9-EDF3774C51BC.jpeg 15410DE9-3936-4ABD-891C-D718FC13B097.jpeg

Hamlet

Wow so many lovely TB’s here! Can’t wait to hear how you get on. (This is not helping my want for another one 😍).

my ex racer is old now. 26 in February although been retired nearly 5 years. She raced until 6.
I think she got passed around a lot before I got her, a lot of names on her passport and my farrier said she was in a poor state when she came to the islands. When I went to view her she was very subdued. Some turnout with the ponies helped her come out of her shell… a lot!! 😂 she has started my love of TB’s although she’s never been the most popular horse and all my friends dislike the breed 🙄 I just think they are stunning and so athletic

best of luck all with your lovely equines.
here is my rather grumpy but lovely Flo.
Not to encourage you anymore…but get another 😆 Flo has clearly thrived with you, so nice that she now gets to enjoy her retirement with you, she’s got a lovely face 😊

I have Henry who is a 2013 tb. He raced twice and was too slow so he retired and I bought him at 3.

we started out with the intention of eventing, and had 2 seasons at the lower grades which we enjoyed but we were both a bit stressed by. This year we will focus on show jumping which he is much happier doing, with a bit of dressage thrown in too.

He is a lovely boy, very easy to do everything with and was lovely to retrain. I am working on building his muscles and strength back up after the better part of the year off, and he has been so easy to bring back into work. He was also the first horse I rode after having my baby.
Henry looks great, if mine looks like him in a couple of years time I’ll be really pleased! It’s lovely that you’ve worked out what he truly enjoys instead of trying to force something he’s not comfortable with, what a lucky horse!

Cragrat

So many really lovely Tb's, and all doing so well in their new lives!

I need to work out how to post photps - I have a really scrummy gelding ( not that I'm biased ) currently off work with an SDFT injury, ( fell over a cavalliti !) and my daughter has a little mare, just turned 5, who is just a little superstar.

Not to encourage you anymore…but get another 😆 Flo has clearly thrived with you, so nice that she now gets to enjoy her retirement with you, she’s got a lovely face 😊

Henry looks great, if mine looks like him in a couple of years time I’ll be really pleased! It’s lovely that you’ve worked out what he truly enjoys instead of trying to force something he’s not comfortable with, what a lucky horse!
The hard thing is once you get him on the course, he’s great, he really settles in. He just can’t handle the warm up and the high adrenaline of it all. But show jumping and dressage warm ups are fine. He might settle as he gets a bit older but for now we will stick with where he is comfortable

Hamlet

There’s not much of a Darcie update as we’re just waiting on the saddle fitter. The long lining is slow progress too as although she’s ok with the line behind her she doesn’t like it touching her when she’s on the move. But we’re getting there, she’s a quick learner. We did do some in hand walk poles this evening though and she was very good, even rolled a couple and didn’t panic which considering the reaction to the lunge line was quite surprising!

Obviously I can’t post an update without a cute picture.
BF7996AA-CA3D-43D4-86E6-680B7FEED923.jpeg