Racing this weekend

reynold

Visit site
Was cheering on Rab Havlin yesterday as he won the Group 1 Lockinge at Newbury. Only the 2nd Group 1 he's won in a long career.

It was nice to see James Doyle (I think) congratulating him as they were pulling up.

As regards that interview about King of Steel it also sounded to me as if the owner was blaming Varian for the injury. Be interesting to see how this develops.

Snowfilly

Visit site
Seize The Gray (USA) won the Preakness last night at Pimlico in the second leg of the US Triple Crown. He’s by the late Arrogate. His trainer, D Wayne Lukas aka Coach is 88 and still accompanies his horses out during training on his pony!

Photo from the Toronto Star
View attachment 139666

Didn’t see the race but going by that clean face, he must have been leading for most of it! Love a front running grey

Clodagh

Visit site
I had a brilliant afternoon at Newton Abbot yesterday. The Chris Honour racing club had 2 runners, the main boy romped home (Time to Bite) and the novice mare ran so well and showed real promise. There must have been 50 club members there, we had such a laugh.
My OH came, and really enjoyed it. It almost cured him of his last outing, a foggy day at Exeter. 😄

saalsk

Visit site
That was my nearest track as a kid, Clodagh, lots of great memories of watching the horses there. Mainly Pipe/Scudamore at the time, and of course the Frost family.
Watched some on TV, and saw Time to Bite, lovely looking horse. I met (looked at from a safe distance really !) Scorpion at a stud yard, and always thought that family line, through his sire, as well, must have been fun to own, but a bit scary ! (off to watch Might Bite at Cheltenham on YouTube again !)

Clodagh

Visit site
I love Scorpion offspring but there’s no doubt they are quirky. TTB had run something like 20-30 times and never won until he came to the Honours.
They’ve got a Scorpion filly in at the moment, I think there’s a 5% share available so I keep buying those lottery tickets. 😄

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Who has everyone gone for in the Derby? I like Los Angeles but AOB hasn’t had much luck with the classics lately compared to normal!

‘My’ Old Gold horse, Henry Box Brown is running in the 8.30 at Stratford tonight in a novice handicap chase. Hoping he puts his fall last time out behind him and gets a decent run. I was thinking of going to Stratford as it’s too far away but looks like I’ll be watching it via SkyBet instead!

Clodagh

Visit site
I don’t know enough about the flat to have a chance of tipping anything.
I have put my 25p on Los Angeles.

Spotherisk

Visit site
I’m having a lovelyafternoon on the sofa in front of the telly, betting on the jockeys and trainers I’ve heard of as I know beggar all about flat!

Just put 50p on Ian Williams horse as I used to know Billy and Bridget Williams, and used to drink with Ian’s little brother. Tenuous connections 🤣

Clodagh

Visit site
I’m having a lovelyafternoon on the sofa in front of the telly, betting on the jockeys and trainers I’ve heard of as I know beggar all about flat!

Just put 50p on Ian Williams horse as I used to know Billy and Bridget Williams, and used to drink with Ian’s little brother. Tenuous connections 🤣
I bet on Billy something in the 3 year old Dash (it’s Smallest’s nickname). Didn’t take me in any cash. But I’ve had a win at Worcester over jumps 😄

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Aiden looks like he has such a calm relaxed manner around them

I picked Los Angeles in my 7

Didn't see what happen to Tears of a Clown, did she break down or clip heels? Commentator (Richard Hoiles?) Is always so sympathetic when handling this sort of thing, as PP said it seems to be becoming way more common, including over jumps

I love City of Troy's temperament however suspect he hasn't trained on especially as they've said it's a trait of the family

Clodagh

Visit site
Well Ryan Moore never gets excited but he can ride a race! I put 50p on him as they were loading as my Grandpa always backed a horse with a galastral (spelling) plume.