Racing this weekend

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Bryony Frost has put a lovely video of Frodon and Black Corton out hacking on the moors

If I had that sort of hacking I think I wouldn't have wanted to give up horses, wow

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Such tragic news, I’m really gutted by his loss. He was one of those horses who I always hoped I’d get to see race in person, as he had such a magnificent aura about him. Thoughts with all his connections.

Gamebird

Visit site
I was lucky enough to have been at Ascot for the Shiskin/Energumene Clarence House, which is hands down the best race I was ever involved with. Have never had a cheer coming back in with a second place horse before or since! I have a lovely picture somewhere of them both standing together outside the dope box after the race.

humblepie

Visit site
I was lucky enough to have been at Ascot for the Shiskin/Energumene Clarence House, which is hands down the best race I was ever involved with. Have never had a cheer coming back in with a second place horse before or since! I have a lovely picture somewhere of them both standing together outside the dope box after the race.

Definitely two horses who won the hearts of many. Such upsetting news.

Clodagh

Visit site
That was the most amazing race. Up there with the best ever.
Nicky H must be devastated, he seems to genuinely adore his horses.

Smitty

Visit site
"Remittance Man was highly talented, but also highly strung. He would constantly walk his box until trainer Nicky Henderson introduced him to Nobby.

Remittance Man became obsessed with Nobby, so much so that when the sheep was returned to his flock and replaced, Remittance Man picked up the intruder and threw him out of the stable.

After much effort, Nobby was found among the flock of 400 and returned to his soulmate, much to the relief of all"

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I just watched a replay from a link on fb. He was whacked and scrubbed the whole way round. Until he died. Sickening.

Disgusting, poor poor boy, no horse deserves that but after all he'd won for them you'd hope he'd be treated a bit more tenderly, I know he'd detach himself but it sounds like he didn't want to do it today, and ended up paying the ultimate price. Last season's stayers win would have been a perfect ending for him to go retire with JPs other horses

Clodagh

Visit site
Disgusting, poor poor boy, no horse deserves that but after all he'd won for them you'd hope he'd be treated a bit more tenderly, I know he'd detach himself but it sounds like he didn't want to do it today, and ended up paying the ultimate price. Last season's stayers win would have been a perfect ending for him to go retire with JPs other horses
I don’t object to him starting the race but 3 hurdles in he was tailed off. What was the effing point in keeping him going.

Andie02

Visit site
I just watched a replay from a link on fb. He was whacked and scrubbed the whole way round. Until he died. Sickening.
I watched it live. I'm so upset and angry. Poor old boy, he should have been retired after his 2 big stayers wins last year. He won almost £600,000 and 21,000 euros in prize money.

He won the stayers at Aintree twice. He won the stayers at Cheltenham once and also 2nd in it in 2021. And twice won the Pertemps final at Cheltenham with Barry.

I'm disgusted with JP and Gordon for not retiring him at the end of last season. He was pulled out lame at Aintree this year on the day.

Poor old Carlingford Lough was kept going until he collapsed and died with a heart attack after crossing the line, also owned by JP. He should have been retired well before that happened to him. He also owed them nothing.

Gamebird

Visit site
On the plus side, how lovely was it to see the (almost unbelievably!) 14yo Singing Banjo win the XC race? Beating such luminaries as the 8yo Coko Beach in the process. The jockey was also the owner and trainer! He won the same race 3 years ago as an 11yo, and I bet no one then could have imagined him still pulling out for the Punchestown Festival 3 years later.

photo_jo

Visit site
On the plus side, how lovely was it to see the (almost unbelievably!) 14yo Singing Banjo win the XC race? Beating such luminaries as the 8yo Coko Beach in the process. The jockey was also the owner and trainer! He won the same race 3 years ago as an 11yo, and I bet no one then could have imagined him still pulling out for the Punchestown Festival 3 years later.
It was a fantastic race and a great result