Ragwort in fields

lhamm

Visit site
I am on a Part Livery basis at my yard. I pay for 5 day livery Mon-Friday and its DIY at weekends. I have been asked to contribute to the cost of de-ragworting the fields. Is this my responsibility or the yard owners / yard manager ?

asmp

Visit site
I suppose it depends on how big your fields are. I’m on DIY and I do my own fields (mainly because if I can’t stand seeing the stuff)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
When I was at a yard we had the odd ragwort evenings. Bit of a bbq after mass pulling.
No one minded doing it this way and if for some reason someone couldn’t make it it didn’t matter as long as they didn’t try and skive them all! (No one ever did though)
I’d not expect to be charged extra, certainly not on full livery

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I am on a Part Livery basis at my yard. I pay for 5 day livery Mon-Friday and its DIY at weekends. I have been asked to contribute to the cost of de-ragworting the fields. Is this my responsibility or the yard owners / yard manager ?
I don't charge my liveries, but appreciate their help in pulling it up which half do

cindars

Visit site
On diy for years at same yard have always pulled it in fact just finished doing the two fields because I hate the stuff

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I've been on yards where fields are fully maintained in the cost or where weed pulling was our responsibility as well as poo-picking. I've never been asked to contribute extra for field maintenance though. Where it has been done the cost was I assume covered in the livery.

Surbie

Visit site
I'm on DIY - I remove it from the fields my horse is in (just spent an hour tonight taking small plants out of the resting half).

At the last DIY yard I was on, all liveries were supposed to help clear it, but in reality it was just a few of us.

I'd expect clear fields if I were paying part livery.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Like others, we have individual paddocks for each horse, we poo pick & remove any ragwort we find. It you keep on top of it there's no problem. Our yard has a contract, but for years it didn't have one, we used common sense & all ran smoothly then a certain person moved onto the yard & wanted a contract & everything in black & white. So a contract was done & we ll signed. In a few months the person left our yard, he was a pain in the ar$e, and wasn't missed. We still have a contract but it's kin of dormant, we are back to using common sense & everything runs swimmingly.