Rain and mud have won, I give up!

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
Both my fields have a covering of water on top of the existing mud thanks to the rain we had before the snow and now ever more thanks to the melting snow!

So i have given up and now my neds have to stay on the little bit of hard standing that there is and a narrow section of grass..I mean mud that I have cordoned off between the two fields so they can at least have a bit of a roll and leg stretch.

I'm going to lay some grass seed down next month in the fields (hopefully) but that's it, hard standing until the spring!
frown.gif

Blue-bear

Visit site
our fields are the same and most of them will be in for a while now. i dont see the point in A. trashing the fields beyond repair or B. making them stand in a swamp all day
its a difficult decision to make but its made easier if you have reasonably sensible horses

Murphy3

Visit site
Ditto - I've set up an arrangement in the yard with electric tape outside the stables so they can noodle around there but had to take them out of the mud. A pond is forming in one corner and one of these days we're going to here ducks quacking on it.