Rain, rain and more rain

Happytohack

Visit site
This is what the fields look like this morning - I think the horses will be having a nice day inside scoffing hay
smirk.gif
. And it's still chucking it down
frown.gif
Just pleased I managed to go for a ride yesterday. How's everyone else doing?
Forest023.jpg

Yesterday they looked like the piccie in my signature

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I'm sat at work in my office listening to the wind and rain batter the window.
Only problem is i have to leave at 8am to go showjumping.
Venue has outdoor warm up so not really looking forward to it
frown.gif

Perhaps the lorry will fail to start
wink.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sat at work in my office listening to the wind and rain batter the window.
Only problem is i have to leave at 8am to go showjumping.
Venue has outdoor warm up so not really looking forward to it
frown.gif

Perhaps the lorry will fail to start
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm feeling your pain.....

BBs and I are going to Essex for team dressage
crazy.gif

sunflower

Visit site
It's very wet here as well - no horses to worry about but had a phone call from our neighbours at 5 this morning to say the stream at the end of our road had flooded and water was coming down the road - cue mad panic to lift everything off the floors and I missed the end of the Grand Prix as I was shifting sandbags. Fingers crossed the water round our house has gone down a bit now but it's still raining....

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I'm feeling your pain.....

BBs and I are going to Essex for team dressage
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only traveling 5 miles. If i had your journey to do I certainly wouldn't be going
shocked.gif

pottamus

Visit site
We are pretty much the same and I have just got in from mucking out and trudging wheelbarrow through wet sodden field! My lad is out munching grass and not bothered in the slightest in his warm rug!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Even more deep joy. Just had a look on metcheck for friday. Ginger one has his first HT. Forecast is
Wind
Rain
Sleet
Snow
Temp around 2c but will feel like -3c
Sod the optimum time, just going round as fast as poss then get home
frown.gif

stormyhorse

Visit site
Its chucking it down here and has been all night. That is exactly what my fields look like, and my garden! The horses are in their nice cosy stables with some hay, i would feel mean if i put them out right now, they would just stand by the gate and sulk lol!!!

appyjude

Visit site
Ditto here, in Glos, tipping it down - 3 of mine are out with field shelter....do they use it......do they heck!! They much prefer standing at the gate asking to come in when there is No room for them to come in hence the field shelter..........thinking of starting up a mud spa ......... or perhaps competition to the grass ski slope - mud slide......

Partoow

Visit site
Yes all my teaching is going down the tubes, i wont be able to eat this week at this rate!!! Horses will be fine its me that goes without........
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating, most of the time i am pretty good and do get my 6 or so ridden but at this point in the year its just toooooo much to take.
....... goes off crying and stamping feet.............[dont even have any mini eggs to make me feel better
frown.gif
]

jesterfaerie

Visit site
So far it is just looking misrible and windy today, we had thick fog and lots of rain yesterday and I was stood in it for 2 hours
mad.gif
hopefully it won't be as nasty today but I am sure it will be.

Sunny_Star

Visit site
This is the perfect weather for a hunter trial...
Supposed to be going to one today, maybe the rain will put off some people and I might have a chance of being placed
smile.gif

Yay- the rain just stopped here anyway
grin.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
It's raining even harder here now (East Anglia). I have a couple of friends taking part in a 50 mile endurance ride in Thetford Forest today
crazy.gif
Rather them than me
wink.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
hasnt stopped raining here (bristol) for about 36 hours, rivers up to full/max level.... padks looking more like swimming pools than tunout with horses stood on little islands in the middle!! have the compeling desire to build a large boat or emigrate!!!! or both!!!!! have awful memories of last years very wet event season and have a real fear for the same this year!!!!!!!!!!!!
frown.gif

Apalacia01

Visit site
Its chucking it down in SE London too - and pony is out 24hrs. Oops. Did put her nice Rambo on with neck cover, so hopefully she is ok. No riding today, rode yesterday evening just as it was getting gross. Think meant to cheer up next week but get cold again (after I have sent HW to be washed and proofed. Oops!)

I am emigrating!

fredthoroughbred

Visit site
Slightly un-nerving but it's absolutely beautiful up in the Highlands again!! Something tells me we are in for another crappy summer!! If we have nice springs we always have terrible summers
frown.gif

I will have to make the most of this yay
grin.gif

Bozzy

Visit site
Still horrid here in West Berks, roads were awful driving to work this morning and I've left Forrest in.

I was going to enter a few classes in the Showing show at the yard today but decided against it!!

Abbeygale

Visit site
I'm quite a long way down in cornwall and not that I want to make you guys feel bad - as I think you must be getting the weather we have had over this whole last week, but its actually quite nice here today. I managed to ride both of the older horses and do some ground work with the 3yo yesterday. It rained last night, and then this morning we had a bit of drizzle, but its cleared up again and its fairly pleasant outside!
Unfortunately because of the torrents of rain over the last week the fields we are currently using have turned to bog. I have one last field left to use - but that one has to last them until the hay is cut - and is at the bottom of a big field - so no way are they going out there to turn that into a bog to!!

However, they are all quite contented stuffing their faces and giving me more work to do in their stables!