Rain Ranting Thread

Boughtabay

Visit site
The very heavy rain followed by a couple of days of dry this week has made the field very tacky in places & I think my heavier/larger gelding has pulled something playing about with the colt yesterday 🙄. He was sound but a little guarded looking this morning, no heat or anything but it’s so depressing. They have hard standing but the colt is nearly 3 and getting that spring feeling and the grass is coming through so they’re both enjoying playing, wish I could ask them to stick to the safe zones 🫣 I never thought this field would get the way it has, maybe the bottom end but the whole thing is shocking. Can’t move them as my summer field is even wetter 🙄 will it ever stop raining 💔 RANT OVER 😵‍💫

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to cooler days
Visit site
I was in just a fleece outside at Forest School today. Only popped a gilet over it when riding this evening.

Hoping for more dry days so I can push the wheelbarrow across the field rather than through it!!

meesha

Visit site
I'm in somerset, although we have had a couple of nice days we need weeks of dry before fields start to recover. I have standing water in gripes and rest is like mush. Every time I look at the forecast it's rain or drizzle every day for the next week plus. Seriously wondering if it will ever end !!

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Just to add insult to injury, I just had an email from Tesco giving me 20% off suncream!!! Suncream!! We havent had 24 hurs without rain for goodness knows how long, and the forecast is more of the same, and Tesco is offering suncream at a discount, I could cry!

They are selling it off because we no longer need it! 🙈

dorsetladette

Visit site
I have with my 3 year old. Same situation - lives out, he was also in a 50g but too warm, and I don't see the benefit in living out in a 0g and them getting damp underneath it. He seems to be doing OK so far, I think I'd rather him be comfortable and not too hot even if he does loose a little bit of condition, and hopefully would put it back on as the grass starts coming through ☺😊

I've bitten the bullet and taken it off while the weather was dry yesterday. We'll see how he goes.

McGrools

Visit site
There is still genuinely no end in sight. I just want to hide away until it's gone! I'm actually wondering how long it will carry on for now. The next two weeks is forecast for rain everyday and that might not be it still. Seriously had enough. :(
I actually don’t think it is ever going to stop. Chucked it down all day yesterday and still some sharp showers today. I suppose when the longer days come at least it might dry up a bit during the brief respites from rain.

GrassChop

Visit site
I actually don’t think it is ever going to stop. Chucked it down all day yesterday and still some sharp showers today. I suppose when the longer days come at least it might dry up a bit during the brief respites from rain.
It does feel like that. This is our last dry day for the next however long where I am. Hopefully any kind of warmth or sunshine will help make the ground less awful. However, spring usually means more rain, as if the last 4 months wasn't enough so it may not actually be consistently dry until summer.

GrassChop

Visit site
Hang in there everyone! The fields are filling up with lambs and April looks to be a bit better, at least for those of us in the North.View attachment 136147View attachment 136148
We have some babies in a field near us but it sounds like the South is still in for more rain. It's only for a few hours today supposedly which isn't too bad but forecast for about 24 hours straight from Monday.

spotty_pony2

Visit site
This thread is a great idea for us all to be able to rant and let off steam about the weather! I must admit I went riding today this afternoon - managed to grab an hour before it got too windy - and everywhere is slowly but surely drying up even thought it has been raining this week, I think the mild weather has helped. It’s raining and really windy here this evening and also really cold but I am hoping we are on the way out of winter at last. I am hoping the wind tomorrow dries the ground up even further 🤞

meesha

Visit site
Seriously !! In bed, rain lashing down. Forecast was looking better by 3rd April but that glimmer of hope has now gone. Will be messaging haylage supplier to sort picking up more small bales ...already picked up another load of shavings.

Yesterday things were looking up ...like Lamehorse I mowed the lawn. Planted new plant....

Spiked roller has arrived..will be no chance of using that in next few weeks !!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Yesterday's optimism has been washed away with this morning's hail and sleet. 🫤

Hope those little lambs are OK.

ETA oh and Bo looked a bit off when he trotted across the field this morning. 😫 Though I will say he hates this weather and does give every impression of being an angry drunk when I bring him in.

Reactions: tda

cjwchez

Visit site
it stayed dry here for a few days the other week, so much so that my field dried out. it has since poured down every day and you wouldn’t even think we’d had any dry weather

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
The forecast for where I am was that we were in for a dry week. Its drastically changed, now we have one dry day. Easter weekend is looking awful. Horses are in for next few weeks as my bay, with no white anywhere, has got mud fever. They have been out most days until lunchtime but the fields are awful.