Rain Ranting Thread

little_critter

Visit site
Our local area has been all over the news because of the new sea defence wall that cost 20million and is now awaiting someone to open the gates to let the water flood back into the sea.

Yesterday was the worst storm we’ve had all winter. The RNLI had to rescue people from a seafront cafe who were flooded in.
This one ?
IMG_1218.jpeg

Fransurrey

Visit site
We have had intermittent golden orb appearance in Surrey this morning. Have let the chickens out to celebrate. Naturally I am in meetings all afternoon. Pffft.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
It was like winter yesterday windy freezing rain this morning was frosty and sunny until about 11am then it started raining again.

I left my house with sun glasses on in the car returned half hour later with it tipping down the weather has gone crazy 🤪

setterlover

Visit site
The 5 days dry promised for the end of next week on the long range weather forecast is now 3 days .
They are sure to disappear as we get nearer
Never ending!!!!!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Pouring with strong winds here as well.

It’s more like the middle of winter than spring and I can’t believe it’s going to be 11degrees tonight, it’s bloody freezing. Gateway was drying nicely until 2 days ago. It’s now like a clay skating rink again and I’m very glad I have it sectioned off so I don’t have to wrestle opening the gate inwards with two horses neither of whom want to sink up to their fetlocks and who are more than happy to squash me in order to stay on solid ground.

Miss_Millie

Visit site
I generally consider myself to be a resilient person, but it has been months of this now and all of the extra work involved with both horses and land is taking its toll. I think the lack of sun is making my body feel worse, let alone battling the elements doing what would normally be the most basic tasks.

setterlover

Visit site
I think we have all had any resilience and "get up and go' washed out of us .!
It seems relentless and managing the land is a constant battle and worrying about trying to save the fields from too much damage is a battle in itself.
If we could just get a week or two with dry and warm weather the situation would but turned around easily.
We can but hope.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I had an extra two to poo pick for the last week. My friend was away so some days I was doing it for 8. I swore many times at the wheelbarrow.

Kicked 2 back out onto the forest earlier than I would have liked but the ground wasn't going to hold up and the extra work was hard.

Then had a shift around of the grazing, which again, I didn't really want to do but I'm away for a few days shortly so my friend is doing my poo picking, she'll never manage the mud and wheelbarrow.

As my tagline says 'looking forward to drier days'!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
My roof sprang a leak this morning, and I had water coming through the ceiling above my bed. I do not need any more problems right now. I have a horrible feeling (having inspected it from inside the attic) that it's going to be an expensive fix, when I can actually find someone to come out and look. Meanwhile, I've squashed an ice cream tub in the gap (anything else won't fit) and have to keep climbing the ladder to check and empty it. Please please stop $%^Y&&U* raining.

anguscat

Visit site
Where is that roughly? Amazing and alarming photo.
Our local area has been all over the news because of the new sea defence wall that cost 20million and is now awaiting someone to open the gates to let the water flood back into the sea.

Yesterday was the worst storm we’ve had all winter. The RNLI had to rescue people from a seafront cafe who were flooded in.

ponyparty

Visit site
Oh good it’s hammering it down again, after a couple of days of dry weather I was worried my mud was getting dehydrated 🙃

I had a nightmare about rain last night, this is the level of subconscious trauma this weather is causing 😂 dreamt I was on a different yard and my stables were flooding and my horse’s (except it was my old boy, not current horse!) poultice was getting soaked in pissy water. I woke myself up crying!

tatty_v

Visit site
We had a lovely weekend, the relief I felt at just everything being dry and somehow so much easier was palpable. Back to howling wind and piddling rain this morning!

spotty_pony2

Visit site
I’ve just been out and got all of mine in before the weather gets worse. Luckily I am at home today so can judge it and hopefully put them back out as and when. Only meant to rain here this morning and our wind forecast is ‘only’ 40mph so hoping they can get back out later.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I saw some dry mud at the weekend and got very excited! But like others have woken to pouring rain. Bloomin’ black midges as well so now hand grazing involves getting bitten as well. Just ordered a load more fly spray. Fgs. Lovely weekend so horse kept gazing wistfully at the fields and sighing. Still not much out there though so he’d hate it and no way would he keep his shoes on so he’s going to have to wait a while longer.

Chippers1

Visit site
Our fields were dry enough to be rolled this weekend and they look great, opened up the other side so they could have more grass, allowed to go out every day, all very promising. Get up this morning and turn out, just got back home and the heavens have opened :( sorry Buzz!